Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Two quilts now on my to-do list

I had a hard time getting up after the phone alarm went off. I put it down to going to bed too late last night. I started my morning routine about 8:15. I made tea and boiled water for nuts. I soaked and rinsed the seeds and the sprouts. I sewed some 4-patches. I checked e-mail and listened to some interviews.
I got dressed, and grabbed some quilt stuff. I got in my car and saw the neighbors had their recycling bins out. So I dashed back in the house and threw stuff in two bags and left them in a bin by the driveway. Then I went to quilting.
I brought all my quilt stuff inside, noting how cold it was. I looked at books on the table that were free to a good home. But my home is full. I tried to help Beverly and Anita and Robin spray baste a quilt in the hallway. But the smell was too strong. When they were done, I helped Beverly sew strips to a foundation. When most ladies were gone, Beverly helped me baste two quilt tops. My spray had a very sweet smell to it, so it did not bother me. It was too cold to walk, so I packed up afterward, and left.
I went to the Asian store and bought kimbap and another brand of pickled garlic. The lady said the right brand would be here Thursday. I would be rich if I had a dollar for every time I heard that.
I went home. I ate kimchi with the kimbap, some pickled garlic, and played interviews:
As cancer is rising, microbial diversity is decreasing. Is there a connection? There are different types of bacteria around cancerous cells versus healthy ones. Microbes are a key link in cell signaling.
I gathered my money-counting sheets and prepared to drive away. But my neighbor was outside cleaning the inside of her car. So we chatted for a bit. But it was so cold, I had to go.
I drove to the church. I counted the offering, put together two deposits, recorded it all on the computer and printed out reports. Just as I was leaving, the pastor came in. I bid him good day and went to the bank. The teller joked with me as she ran the checks and processed the deposits. It went well, and I went home.
After I parked, I got the house mail. There was one piece and it was for a previous resident. So I wrote 'not at this address' and put it back in the mail. I saw that Chris picked up lots of packages from the post office and left them on my chair. It felt like Christmas.
I picked some dandelion in the back yard. Then I made a salad and ate it while checking e-mail. I opened all the packages and put the contents away. I made more chia/flax mix. I listened to interviews on brain health while working on a teacup handle. I had made one a month ago and now couldn't remember how to do it.
At 8, we watched two episodes of DS9. I went back to the interviews while typing up my blog and cutting out pieces for a saucer.
* This is Cindi's quilt, which she finished yesterday. *

No comments: