Sunday, December 9, 2018

If only I could sleep like that

Chris got up early because he was coughing and he did not want to wake me. I went back to sleep and got up sometime after my alarm went off. I brushed and swished and sewed some sets of patches together. I took my morning supplements and drank water while reading some e-mail. Then I took a shower and got dressed for church.
I took Pastor's pants and headed out. My choir folder was already in the car. I let the car warm up briefly, then drove to church – in the rain. Where is all this rain coming from?
When I got to church, the choir hadn't assembled yet. When Pastor was finished with Sunday School, I gave him his pants and would not let him pay me. Then I warmed up with the choir.
After warmup I talked to people in the vestibule and got a bulletin. Then I sat in the front pew next to Don. The service started with the choir singing, coming in a few at at time. Then we stood up for the 4th verse and invited the congregation to join us.
From there, it was the usual Advent service with the lighting of the candles and such. Afterward, I stood in line to greet the pastor. I told him that I knew of a tailor in case the sewing I did didn't hold. Then Linda talked to me about helping to count money. She can't come regularly but wants to help out.
I drove home and then changed clothes. Chris was still coughing and a little congested. I doused my toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide and cleaned my ears. I also took some vitamin C. Then we went to Publix for groceries. They did not have the raw organic sunflower or pumpkin seeds that I usually get for seed crackers. I got an assortment of root vegetables and fermented veggies because that was recommended in an interview.
When we got home, we put away the food. Chris turned on the oven to cook a roast, but the oven would not cooperate. So no beef roast and no seed crackers. I made and ate breakfast. Chris filed a work order for the oven and then took a nap. While he slept, I plugged my headphones into the back of the desktop computer. That allowed me to listen to interviews while navigating my sewing table and machine. So I worked on saucers.
When Chris got up, he was not hungry. He wanted to watch TV early and go back to bed. So I heated the rest of the onion soup for supper. I also ate some pickled garlic and some of my sprouts. Then we watched episodes of The Jetsons. I never noticed before how similar they were to the Flintstones.
While watching, I drank my kava tea and braided my hair. I have been braiding my hair every night for several weeks. It was totally weird and uncomfortable at first. But it is getting a little better now.
When we finished the DVD, Chris put it back in the Netflix mailer. Then he laid out his clothes for tomorrow and went to bed, still not feeling well. (I was a little jealous that he could sleep so easily). But it was only 8:30. So I put on another audio and listened through headphones while I worked on more saucers for exchange gifts. I had to stop myself at 10:30 even though I wasn't done sewing. Donning my heaviest coat, I went outside to put more plastic over the plants to keep them from freezing. Then I sat down to write my blog and get ready for bed.
* The latest one. *

No comments: