Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cold inside and out

I got up with a slight sore throat, which upset me. After all I have done to avoid catching his cold, here it is. Sigh. Best stay home and keep it to myself. I looked outside. It was so foggy and frosty that I was sure everything must be closed. I brushed and swished and sewed the last circle on a saucer. I boiled water for tea and nuts and to disinfect my toothbrush. I checked e-mail, and there were no announcements of closings. Hmm. I took out the recyclables. Visibility was better there. I put the storm windows down in the screen doors.
I took a packet of vitamin C. I ate a fat bomb and an orange and powdered vitamin C. I watched an interview on 5G. It was a really good explanation. People are worried about the cell towers in sight of their back yards when they should worry more about the routers, cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc inside their houses. 5G just means 5th generation, The actual gigahertz will be much higher. There are great inexpensive meters on the market, but they won't register the ghz of fifth generation.
While I listened, I took half a gram of C every 5 minutes until the sore throat stopped. I massaged acupuncture points for cold and flu. I caught up on the Lawson advent calendar. The ski game was a little too fast for me. Beverly called to tell me that lots of people asked about me at quilting today. I really wanted to be there, but was afraid of infecting all those older ladies.
I went to church to count money. Linda was waiting in the parking lot. We brought the necessary stuff to the fellowship hall where there was more room. She sorted the envelops by number and I looked up numbers for the loose checks that had no envelop number. The she called out the numbers to me and I recorded the checks and cash on a sheet of paper. We also did the deposit tickets. It was then that I realized I had put a memorial check in general fund deposit instead of the capital fund deposit.
Then we went to the office where I showed her how to enter the data in the computer. She did well. It was about 4:30 when we finished the reports. Then I thanked her and bid her adieu as I headed to the bank. I made the deposits and went home.
It was cold out and getting colder. I made and ate salad, and read e-mail. Even though I had food and a gift for the modern quilt guild party, I skipped it so as not to infect anyone. I ordered some shielding fabric. Then I went to the Stewardship meeting at church.
I was thinking it would be a small meeting and I could handle a few issues quickly. But the new head-elect of Stewardship came, as well as the At-large guy, and Tim. So the two heads talked about their agendas and I tried to interject actual business. I told them that I was training Linda to count money. I was afraid I needed permission to do that, but they were all enthusiastic about the idea and suggested I look for more people to train. Bill wanted to hold the meeting to an hour, so I did not get to ask my last question.
I came home, and read some e-mail until Chris was ready. Then we watched two episodes of DS9. He made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and take more vitamin C.
* This is the wallhanging that I unwrapped in the dirty santa game yesterday. *

No comments: