Monday, December 10, 2018

Dirty Santa strikes again

I heard my sleep alarm go off while I was in the bathroom. I came in to turn it off and two messages came through, signifying that the phone had not been in airplane mode all night. This is the second time it has happened and I can't understand how I let it slip.
I went back to bed and pulled my special heating pad over me. It had just gotten hot when I heard the front door open. So I turned it off and got up to greet Chris. His boss had sent him home saying he was feverish. He did not feel hot to me, but he had taken something.
I started my morning routine. I sewed several sets of patches. I boiled water for tea and to soak nuts. I put a bag of white tea in my morning container of water. I think it has naturally occurring fluoride in it. I took calc-fluor and the testosterone troche. I listened to an interview.
I called my dad to see how he was doing. He said he was trapped by the snow, and worried about shopping for Kevin, and checking the pipe heater under the house.
I got dressed and took vitamin C. I made and ate breakfast. I checked out my collection of gift bags and tissue paper to find something suitable for packaging a tea cup. I also went through a few plates before I found the right one for the food. I put a package of goat cheese in a decorative glass cup. The seed crackers and jicama were already in baggies. I wrapped it all in a kitchen towel. Then I headed out (in the never-ending rain) to quilting.
I got there earlier than usual. But the food was already out and as soon as I put my contribution on the table, the ladies said grace and lined up for lunch. We sat at two long tables, and there was barely enough room. I didn't take much since I had just eaten breakfast. Others ate well and took a sampling of all the desserts. But they could not finish what they took. I got compliments on the seed crackers and jicama, and several requests for the recipe.
After lunch, we played the dirty Santa game. When my number was called, I wanted to steal the embroidered egg that Debbie had. But she had trouble walking and I didn't want to make her get up, so I chose a large flat present from the table. It was a beautiful red and white embroidered wallhanging. However, someone stole the egg from her and then another stole the wallhanging from me, so I stole the egg and then it was out of play. Whoo-hoo!
Carolyn was the one who opened the cup and saucer I made. And Rebecca stole it from her. So that made me feel good. Most of the ladies left after the game. I stayed to quilt since there isn't enough room at home. Rebecca stayed with me and did needlepoint. I finished around three and we turned out the lights and left.
On the way home, I went to the post office to pick up the mail and a package. I mentioned all the mistakes with our house mail and the clerk said it came from a different post office, and that they were aware of the problem.
When I got home, I handed mail to Chris. I chose another gift bag and packaged another cup and saucer for tomorrow morning. I turned on the oven to see if it worked so I could make more seed crackers. But the results were not so hot. Kurt called to ask advice on buying a gift. But he got another call before making a decision.
I quilted a potholder and cut red circles for the center. Chris cooked steak and mashed yucca root. Both were good but there was something incredibly satisfying about the root. I made and ate a salad and listened to interview on EMFs.
I took some vitamin C and ate an orange to help with absorption. We watched two episodes of DS9. I brushed and swished and then finished listening to the interview while Chris checked his e-mail one last time. After he went to bed, I finished my blog post and then worked on the second potholder.
* The embroidered egg *

No comments: