Sunday, December 16, 2018

Pastor's party

I woke up with congestion, and wished I had used a vitamin C and glutathione patch last night. I did the usual swishing and sewing and checked e-mail briefly. Then I took a shower and put on the vitamin patches. I got dressed and collected stuff to take to church.
I got to church just in time to practice with the choir. I gave a bottle of magnesium to Cecelia. Jennifer gave me two pieces of some almond bread that she made. I showed her my emWave2. I went to get a bulletin and talked to Ron. Then I sat by Don and waited for the service to begin.
It began with three kids dressing up like Mary, Joseph and the angel, standing around the manger. Mary wasn't much older than Jesus. So cute. Then Susan read a kids version of the birth story. The kids sang Away in a Manger and Susan said a prayer. Then they took off their costumes and sat with their parents and we all clapped. During another part of the service, we all lined up to hang Chrismons on the trees up front. The girls hung several and had a good time.
After the service, I stayed to talk to someone, then put my choir folder back in the rack. I shook the pastor's hand and wished him a Merry Christmas because I might not see him again. He retires at the end of this month and we will be on vacation. He thought we would run into each other sometime.
Then Cecelia and I went to our cars. I got the rotary stuff from my trunk and gave it to her with brief instructions on how to cut the borders of a fleece rectangle into strips. Then she went home and I headed back to base.
When I got home, I checked the mail. There was a bill for Chris. I changed clothes and ate some of the almond bread. I gave a little piece to Chris. It was quite good and I wouldn't have known there was no sugar or wheat flour in it.
We went to Publix for our weekly groceries. When we got back, Chris put stuff away while I washed all the cans of soup and coconut milk. I made two weeks worth of supplements while he boiled eggs for lunches all week. Then I made and ate breakfast.
After breakfast, I went for a walk. I picked some pine needles, and made pine needle tea, when I got back. I searched for a hood pattern online, but it was hard to find the kind I wanted. Finally I found a balaclava pattern and printed it out, but it was too small.
Our neighbor came over with caramels for Chris and an orange and lemon for me. I ate a can of soup. Then I washed a dropper bottle and filled it with fire cider. I printed out a label for it, then had trouble finding a substance to glue it to the bottle. After that, I put it in a clear treat bag and tied a red ribbon around it.
I changed my clothes and we went to a party at the pastor's house. I had totally forgotten about it. I gave the fire cider to the pastor's wife. Chris and I talked with lots of people, separately. I had a bottle of water and some cheese. It was after 8:30 when Chris alerted me that our gate was closing soon. We said our goodbyes and headed home. We came through the gate with 4 minutes to spare, but I think the second guard closed it after we drove through.
We brushed our teeth, then watched two episodes of DS9. I kept a sock of cold rice on my left shoulder. When the episodes were over, Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and put on more patches, hoping to sleep well.

No comments: