Thursday, December 13, 2018

Navigating the hurdles

The sleep app woke me. I pulled my infrared heating pad over me and let it get hot. It did not make me sleepy. After a bit, I got up to brush, swish and sew. I turned on the router. I boiled water to make tea and soak nuts. I put a sweet potato in the toaster oven. I read e-mail and listened to an interview from the EMF summit. I took a testosterone troche. Yesterday a book came in for the quilt guild. I put a pocket and labels in it. Then I made breakfast and started a new batch of sprouts. I read e-mail while I ate. I also looked up how to get a commercial NPI and sent the link to Dr. Lee. When the sweet potato was cooked (about 90 minutes), I ate part of it and put the rest in the fridge.
It was a little after noon when I headed out. I found package on the porch, went back inside and opened it. It was stuff I ordered from Amazon for Christmas. I headed out again. But this time Mother Nature called. Third time is a charm. I answered, and left for quilting.
When I got there, they were finishing up eating lunch. It was their Christmas party. I didn't bring any food since my oven doesn't work and I might be contagious. Maybe I shouldn't have gone, but I wanted to pass the labeled book to Pat for the guild. And I stayed to chat. The pool table was full of quilt magazines that were up for grabs. But it didn't look like many had gone. I picked up two. Then I sat at the table and talked to Pat and Leanne. I also bought a large jar of honey from Christy who raises her own bees.
About 2 we started to pack up. But it was almost 3 till we actually left. On the way home, I stopped by the Korean clinic. Dr. Grace looked at the mole removal sites on my face and seemed satisfied. I sat down with Dr. Lee to get an NPI number. But I came across a statement that a sole-proprietorship doesn't need a business NPI. So we were back to calling the IRS. There was a long wait, almost an hour. But the lady who answered was very helpful. She told Dr. Lee that if he didn't have a TIN, that he needed to get one and here's how. So after the call, I went to the site and clicked the links and filled in the form. All he needed to do was pay the $200+ fee and it was done. Then we had to wait for the proper e-mail response. So we looked at the other requirements for credentialing, which included a CV. I looked that up for him and found a sample for him to follow. The e-mail we were waiting for came in and he whited out some blanks to put the new number in. The last problem was a residency certificate. I looked it up and it was another IRS form which they would send for a fee. Gee whiz. I wasn't sure it applied to him, but told him about it anyway. He had his work cut out for him. Before I left, Dr. Grace gave me more packets of onion juice and jujube juice.
When I got home, I checked the mail. There were Christmas cards and a small package. I went in the house and opened it. There were several small horsetail plants.
I cut myself a piece of beef and ate it while reading e-mail. Then I made a salad, though not as big since the greens were getting low. Cecelia called, wanting me to bring tools for cutting a fringe edge on fleece. I listened to more EMF interviews.
My tapping buddy had rescheduled for Friday so at 8, Chris and I watched two episodes of DS9. Sadly we are in the last season. Afterward, Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and finish an interview. During the interview, I stopped to put the horsetail plants in water. I also put several vitamin C and glutathione patches on because my massage therapist texted me that she had an opening tomorrow afternoon if I was feeling well.
Finally I finished all my tasks and went to bed where Chris was waiting for me.
* I looked through the book Distinctive Dresdens after I labeled it, and took this pic for my file of inspiration. *

No comments: