Wednesday, December 5, 2018

National day of mourning


There were no alarms to wake me up because my phone was not here. I suspected it was at church. I stayed in bed with Chris until he got up. Because it is a national day of mourning for George Bush, he did not have to go to work.
I sewed, and swished. I listened to interviews as I heated water and made coffee, and did my special exercises. I also took some supplements. Then I put on meditation music. I did many rounds of tapping and some meditation.
All sorts of alarms went off outside, but no emergency was announced. It has happened before, so that I ignore them. But that's not a good thing, is it? I told Chris that meditation morning was over so he could move around and make noise or whatever. I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen. I washed dishes in the sink. Then I vacuumed and mopped floors. While the floors dried, I read e-mail. Then I took a shower and got dressed.
I did a little sewing while I waited for the time of departure. Then I drove to the gas station on post for a quick fill up. I put in my credit card. When 'Wait a moment' disappeared, the new message was 'POS unavailable'. There wasn't time to go inside, so I left and went to the Korean clinic, arriving at 2. It was locked up tight with a sign that they will be open tomorrow. I kinda remembered her saying “See you Thursday” when I delivered the blankets on Monday. But I also remember telling her she could pay me on Wednesday, and she didn't correct me. Anyway, I went home.
I sent her an e-mail that I had come by. I read an article on cellular bioenergetics. But it was too long and complicated to finish. I went for a walk. Twice I saw three white-tailed deer running in a pack. But they ran like dogs.
I watched a video on better brain function from better posture. Then Chris and I took my car to the gas station. He had no trouble pumping gas. I filled out the book, surprised to see that gas was down to $1.99. I remarked on it while we drove to the recycling center to drop off two bags of glass jars. I wished we had brought the whole bin since no one picked it up this week.
I was frightfully cold on the whole trip. When we got back, I heated a bowl of soup in the toaster oven. It seemed slow compared to our gas oven.
After eating, I put on a sweatshirt and my warmest coat. I drove to choir practice in relative warmth. I put the bank bag in the safe, picked up my phone from the secretary's desk, then went to the sanctuary. I gave Cecelia the supplement she ordered and she paid me. Then Jennifer warmed up the choir and we practiced several songs. After practice, Pastor gave me a pair of his pants to mend, saying it didn't matter how long it took and that he was willing to pay. It occurred to me later that they were truly Holy pants.
I went home. I ate some blueberries and drank kava tea while we watched two episodes of DS9. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and take my evening supplements. I also searched my laptop for the Jackie Lawson Advent Calendar. There was no icon on the desktop. I had to go to the original e-mail and click on the link. I was able to see the calendar and decorate a tree, but there was no sound. Maybe tomorrow.
* From Renegades. Some people can make a beautiful quilt out of anything. *

No comments: