Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Another stabbing

I woke up at 7:20 with the sleep app. I stayed in bed until 8 when mother nature called. I brushed and swished and sewed a 16-patch block from 4-patch blocks. I opened the back door and the storm window fell out. I put it back in, but a prong is broken off so it will likely fall out again. I made coffee and swished again. I took my morning supplements and read e-mail.
I exercised, then started meditating. I played a paraliminal CD that came from Learning Strategies. I also tapped on a past event.
When all the meditation and tapping was over, I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen. I washed dishes and pitchers. I took a shower, then made tea and boiled water for nuts. I watered the plants. When I came back to the computer, I saw that it had rebooted itself. But there wasn't time to start it up again.
I jumped in the car and headed to the Korean clinic. They were glad to see me. I tried not to get too close because my nose was congested and I didn't want to infect her. He wanted me to check on the latest submission to insurance. I checked on the interface site and then called them. After a long wait, I talked to a lady who said I needed to call BCBS. The lady at BCBS sent to me a website with a long form. I had Dr. Lee print it out. I started filling it out, but there were blanks where I did not know the answer. I asked Dr. Grace if she had found health insurance because the enrollment period ends on Saturday. She hadn't, so she and I waded through screen after screen of info and questions. I hope we answered them all correctly. Finally a plan was recommended where she did not have to pay anything but had a really high deductible. She was skeptical at first but then enrolled.
Then she took me to a treatment area and had me lie down. She put a wet paper towel over my face and stabbed at what was left of my mole with a burning stick. She said I was the only patient that she ever had to do twice. While she was at it, she also stabbed away at another mole on my cheek and one on my rib cage. That last one hurt even more than the first two. I decided to keep all my other moles. She cut away at the dead skin and I worried that she would get some live skin between those blades. Then she put neosporin on them and some kind of plastic dots. She claimed I was very healthy since the moles did not bleed.
I was ready to go then, but Dr. Lee asked about the forms he had printed off. So I tried to fill in the blanks again. At the end of one form, it asked for a letter 125C (or something like that). I googled it, then had to call the IRS to get one. But the man who answered the phone would not speak to me. So I handed the phone to Dr. Lee. The man asked questions that Dr. Lee did not know how to answer. I tried to suggest the right answer, but the man said he would hang up if I spoke another word. So I let the two of them try to communicate on their own. Eventually the man put Dr. Lee on hold, and after a while, the connection dropped. I tried calling back, but there was a message saying the IRS was closed for the day. I suggested Dr. Lee try again tomorrow, but I did not remember which menu choices I had made to get to speak to a person. Dr. Grace begged me to come back tomorrow. They gave me onion juice and jujube juice, then let me go.
It was after 7 when I got in my car. Thankfully I had texted Jennifer earlier that I wasn't coming to choir practice. I drove home and brought in the house mail. Chris was sitting at his laptop. I opened all the mail that Chris had laid on my chair. One package was a new watch band. At my request, Chris replaced the old one for me. I checked my phone for messages because Jennifer had called. But I heard two messages from Dad. So I called him, but apparently they were old ones. We talked for a little while, but I was hungry, not having eaten all day. I had some steak, then made a large salad. I ate while checking e-mail. I brushed against my face and one of the dots came off. The area was quite red, but not bleeding. I put a Band-Aid over it to protect it from future brushings.
It was 8:45 by the time I was ready to watch TV. We saw two episodes of DS9. Then Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog, brush, and swish.
* This is a tablerunner that someone got in the swap game on Monday. *

No comments: