Monday, April 29, 2019

A sad day

I got up at 7:28. I started my morning routine. I took a shower and got dressed. I started reading e-mail. I boiled water to soak the nuts. I also soaked the sprouts and started a new batch.
Just before 10 I headed to the chiropractor. I was tempted not to take the walker, but my foot still hurt and I didn't want to undo any healing. I was ushered into the laser room. The doctor put little green dots on the top of my foot and the bottom. He told the assistant to laser everything inside the dots. He left, and she pressed the laser to my foot, keeping it moving all the time. But each session is only 3 minutes and costs $37.50. I wondered if I could do the same thing with a magnifying glass in the sun.
After the laser treatment, she took me to the decompression room and put me on a table. I tried to relax and count the pulls, but I lost track. Afterward, I had to wait in the hallway to see the doctor. As people were called back, I moved to a nearer seat. When the doctor was ready for me, I was close by, which was good since I walked slowly. We talked a bit. I don't think he remembered me from last time. He has no time between patients. I told him about pili nuts being the highest in fat and he wrote it down to check out later. Maybe now he'll remember me. He did adjustments on my neck and back. Then I was free to go.
I was walking out to my car and and old man was just ahead of me. He carried my walker down the steps and, when I got to my car, put it in the back seat. He told me he was the father of the chiropractor.
I drove home. I made and ate breakfast while watching the second interview of Money Revealed:
Collaborative investing is like crowdfunding 10x. Minimum buy-in is now down to $1000. His goal is to get it to $1 per investor per day. Blockchain is going to have more effect on your life than the internet did. He is working toward a cryptocurrency based on real estate.
Bonus interview: Chef Shamy talked about how he got where he is now and promotes financial literacy.
I went outside in back of the house and used a magnifying glass to 'laser' my foot. I kept it moving around so as not to burn my skin. I covered some acupuncture points as well. I looked for wasps, but did not see any.
I watched videos on acupuncture points. I treated the acupressure points for allergy to nuts, just in case. I ate some pork and kimchi. Chris came home from work.
William called and seemed talkative. I kept getting texts but couldn't check them. After he hung up, I read that my friend had lost her son. It was very sad and I just sat and cried. I read what his brother had written on his Facebook page. It was well written and very moving.
I watched the next episode of Live Longer Feel Better. This episode was about depression. It seemed appropriate. One of the remedies they highly recommended was niacin or niacinamide 3x a day. I added it to my supper supplements. I ate a pickle, then made a large salad and ate that.
Chris was out of bread, so I put ingredients in the bread machine and turned it on. I looked online for nutritional info for the components of seed crackers. I wanted to find a single source for all the info so it would be consistent, but that didn't happen.
We watched two episodes of ST:NG. Chris stayed up to harvest his loaf. I stayed up to write to my blog. I'd like to write to my friend, but I just don't know what to say.
* I didn't have any good subjects to photograph today, so here is what my pill minders look like. Let's hope I don't trip and spill them all over the floor. *

No comments: