Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday

My alarm rang at 7:30. I turned it off and rolled over. My back wouldn't permit it for long so I ended up flat again. I got up and did the usual. While swishing, I looked for dark green fabric to go around my latest quilt top. But I did not find the right green in either prints or solids. I dabbled at other things, constantly getting off track. I organized papers from Dr. Jarvis. I deleted a round of e-mail.
I vacuumed in the bathroom. Vacuuming is on the no-no list for the next two weeks, but it has been put off for about a month now and I can't stand it anymore. Also, I can't avoid the biggest impediment to good alignment which is hopping around on one foot. If necessary, he will just have to start the realignment all over again on Monday.
I printed out another supplement spreadsheet. I sat at my laptop and read e-mail with the chillow under my foot. I hoped it would reduce the feeling of a lump in my arch. I set out two days worth of the doctor's supplements in the 7 day pill minder. I did not put the mineral tablets in because they disintegrate when taken out of the bottle. I made up 8 days of my own supplements that are not covered by what she gave me.
I made and ate breakfast. I took a shower and got dressed. I meditated with Deepak. Chris texted from the Huntsville airport. But it was time for me to leave. I grabbed my packet of papers and went to see Dr. Jarvis. I parked close to the door so I wouldn't have far to hobble. I wasn't using the walker because my left wrist was hurting, and it wasn't so necessary.
Dr. Jarvis had treated me for a brain-body allergy last week and I assumed she would move on to the egg treatment. But she said the first one didn't last and she did it again. So the egg treatment will have to wait until next week. I made an appt for next Friday. It was going to conflict with the chiro appt, so when I got home, I called the chiro. But they were closed until Monday.
Chris was unpacking when I got home. I rested a little, then asked him to check the mail here and at the post office. I left to go to the church to record the offering and take it to the bank. The church was deserted, but there were tables set up in the fellowship hall. As I recorded the numbers, I repeated to myself that I liked my work so much that I would hobble to church to do it. Afterward, I went to the bank and parked in the handicapped spot. I deposited the cash and checks, then went home.
Chris was looking at job announcements, and laughing at some of them. I read e-mail with the chillow on my foot. Chris called his brother for his birthday and we all had a nice chat. Chris made his supper and I made a huge salad. I called my dad. I organized the pics in my quilt download file. Later, Jennifer texted me a pic of a large wooden cross supported by tables which had hammers and nails. That's what they're doing for Good Friday service.
I practiced the flute and trombone. I made ginger tea and put bone broth powder in it. I drank it while we watched Big Hero 6, a DVD from Netflix. After the movie, we watched all the special features. Then Chris went to bed. I was going to write my blog post, but saw an e-mail from the church treasurer and went through all the recorded offerings from the beginning of the year till now to verify his number. But I got a different number, which I e-mailed back to him. Then I wrote my blog post, took my evening supplements and went to bed.

No comments: