Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Back to rolling around

I got up soon after my alarm went off. I started my usual routine, then took a shower and got dressed. I took supplements at regular intervals and listened to a very interesting episode 1 of Money Revealed.
At 10 I paused it to pack my scrap project and go to the chiropractor. I arrived a little early. When I got there, I signed in, took a seat and started to sew. But I got called back soon. Then I had the opportunity to sit in a chair in the hallway. I pulled out my project again, but got called into the decompression room almost immediately.
I felt fine. I was asked to lay on my stomach on a table. A belt around my waist was hooked to a machine the put 60 lbs of pull on my lower spine. It was acutely uncomfortable and I mentioned that, but all she said was 'relax'. When I tried to relax, it hurt more. So I quit. I did not want the muscle to spasm.
After 12 minutes of decompression, I had a hard time getting off the table. I went into the hall to wait again and was put in exam room two. I waited while the doctor interacted with the patient in room 3. I finished sewing the binding on the project and considered how I might quilt it.
The doctor said that the first adjustment corrected half of my neck problem according to the second set of x-rays. So I said one more adjustment and I'll be finished, but he disagreed. He adjusted again in the same ways as before, but for a longer time. He pulled on my left leg. He said no walking, and no lifting sewing machines. He dismissed me and I went to the front desk to check out and sign up for laser therapy, starting tomorrow. Then I went home.
I made breakfast and finished the episode I had paused. I started the bonus interview with Edward Griffin. When I had finished eating, I took a break to lay down as specified in the paperwork that came from the chiropractor. When I got up, I finished the interview. Very interesting talk about how the federal reserve was created in secret by the top bankers to 'regulate' banking.
I found a pair of stiff flip flops that I could stuff tissues under the inner side of my foot to take the weight off the outer side. I was preparing to go to the Korean clinic. But at the last minute, I called to see how badly they needed me to come. Dr. Grace answered. She understood if I needed to stay home. She said they wanted to know how to get licensed in New Mexico. So I promised to look it up. Sigh.
And I did. I sent what I found to Dr. Lee in an e-mail. I had some goat cheese and seed crackers for lunch. I didn't need lunch but it was something to take the next round of supplements with. I cut out little circles of interfacing. I listened to another podcast. Chris came home from work. I asked him to check the house mail and he did, but there was nothing for me, or our neighbors. I sat outside in the sun wishing I could go for a walk, but glad at least I could get some fresh air.
I listened to the next episode of Live Longer Feel Better. I heated a bowl of soup and added kimchi and clove oil. Then I ate some blueberries. When it was over, I started the second episode of Money Revealed.
When Chris was ready, we sat in the living room to enjoy two episodes of ST:NG. Then I took the evening supplements and wrote my blog post, converting my notes to full sentences. I had no headache but was uncomfortable all over.

No comments: