Friday, April 12, 2019

On the road again

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30. I was in no hurry to get up. But when I did, I brushed and swished and found some fabric for sashing. I cut it into 2” strips. I started sewing it to the blocks, but quit when my back complained. I took supplements according to the regimen. I boiled water for nuts and rinsed the sprouts. When I had worked my way up to breakfast, it seemed too early, so I waited. I read some e-mail and cleared others. I alternated hot and cold on my back. I listened to a podcast on mercury in fillings. I washed the dishes in the sink and all the spoons. Then I made and ate breakfast. Afterward, I meditated with Deepak.
Then I decided to take a walk. I wanted to know how long it would take to walk to the front gate, but did not want to have to walk all the way back if it was tiring. So I chose to see how far I could get in 20 minutes. Well, I set off at a pretty good pace. About 10 minutes later, I felt rain drops. But I kept going because I had a plan, and darn it, I am tired of constantly having to change my plans (and/or the schedule). It never did rain on me. At 18 minutes, I was almost there, but walking on the wrong side of the road. There was a barrier that I would have had to step into the road to avoid, so I turned around. I concluded that I could get there in half an hour but would have to cross the street.
On the way back, I explored a housing loop that I had never been on before. Then my knee started to hurt so I slowed down. I ended up walking 45 minutes. I cooled my back off while I checked e-mail again and tied up a few loose ends. I had told the Korean doctors that I would see them Thursday or Friday but I did not want to go. I tapped on that a lot. And I still didn't want to go.
I sat at my machine to finish up a dog bed. The blocks were still under my needle so I sewed the rest of the strip. But the machine messed up. I changed bobbins twice and rethreaded the top once in order to cure the problem, whatever it was. Then I sewed the dog bed shut. I sat down with the chillow one more time while I put together a Swanson's order.
Around 2, I called Dr. Lee to make sure they were still at the clinic. Then I drove over there. He asked me to make a phone call in response to an e-mail he had gotten. I called, and had to leave a message. I walked back and forth for half an hour, then called again, and left another message. While I was waiting, a young man came in the door. He said he was a student at Oakwood college from Rowanda and selling books to cover his tuition. Dr. Lee and Dr. Grace looked at the books and bought one. I kept walking. Finally, about 3, I said I needed to go home and sit with my chillow. Dr. Lee gave me another box of onion juice. Dr. Grace said I would be in more pain if I were not drinking the onion juice. She gave me a banana and two oranges. She tried to give me a small poinsettia but I told her I could not take care of it. Then I went home.
Driving wasn't so bad really. But then I only lived 5 minutes away. When I got home, I took a packet of Vitamin C. I put some soup in a bowl with a few chunks of beef heart. I sat with the chillow, which was losing its cool. I jotted notes for my blog.
Chris came home. He said his boss invited me to call her if I needed anything next week. I sat against the heating pad and read the NAET book. Then I sewed blocks to strips and ironed them. I made a small salad for supper and took the supper supplements. I read e-mail and finished the Solitaire game from last night. I practiced my trombone and flute.
We watched two episodes of ST:NG. I used the chillow while watching. Afterward, I swished and looked up some of the actors. Then I finished up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* Another pretty pic from our neighborhood. *

No comments: