Monday, April 15, 2019

The exam

I set my sleep app to run last night and it woke me about 7:05. I stayed in bed for a bit then got up to take the enzymes, brush and swish. I sewed blocks together in rows. I rinsed the sprouts. I sewed rows of blocks together. I got a phone call for Dr. Lee and redirected them to call him. Although, after the call I realized he wasn't at work yet. Then I read some e-mail and had breakfast. Afterward, I meditated with Deepak.
I arrived at quilting at noon. The ladies were sitting down to lunch. I brought the quilt top and the banner to press. No one else was using the iron. I talked to several ladies. Then I talked to Carolyn, because I had a question. But she turned the conversation to insurance and doctors I should see, like a ob-gyn because of my age. Seeing a naturopath did not count with her.
Finally I ran out of time. I picked up my quilt tops and headed to the car. I drove to Bryant Chiropractic and had no trouble finding it. I brought the new patient forms filled out. But they made me fill out new ones because the print-out was so bad. A man came in just after me and we both had to wait to be seen. After he was taken back, a lady came to show me around (like I was going to remember what each room was). Then she put me in an exam room. I waited. She came back to take range-of-motion measurements. I waited again. The doctor came back to do an exam. He said I had lost half my range of motion. And my head wasn't on straight. But he said that applied to almost everyone because when we're born, we're pulled out by our heads. Hmmm. He said he wouldn't treat me until he had read my x-rays.
Later an assistant came to take x-rays. She took several of my neck and some of my back. She had me stand on some machine that diagnosed each foot. Then I waited again. She took me to a torture room with lots of tables. She had my lie on my stomach with a belt around my hips. She also put electrical stim pads on my back. She gave me a switch to hold in case I needed to stop the process. The machine put 50 lbs of stress on my back to decompress the spine. 45 seconds of that followed by 15 seconds of rest. She said it would feel good, but it was faintly painful. She claimed it was because I wasn't relaxed. I said I wasn't relaxed because it hurt. The muscle that spasms was concerned and ready to jump in if needed.
After that, she released me and I got up very slowly. I went to the front desk and that lady made me an appointment to have the doctor read me the results of the x-rays. She did not charge me at that time. Then I headed home.
On the way, I stopped at the post office. There was a long line and I had to wait to pick up a package. I took it home and checked the house mail. Nothing. I sat at my computer with my chillow and jotted notes for my blog. I noticed a pain shooting down the outside of my leg that wasn't there before.
It was a nice day so I went for a walk. Then I sat with my heating pad and read. But eventually realized the switch was not turned on. I picked dandelion in the back yard, added it to some grocery greens, and made salad. I sat with the heating pad on, eating and listening to a podcast. Then I moved the plants out front to be sure they were out of the way of the duct people who are coming tomorrow.
I practiced my trombone and then the flute. I unpacked the box of nuts. I moved stuff from under the vent in the kitchen. I loaded a movie and made tea while the mandatory previews played. Halfway through the movie, I realized I had seen it before. Sigh. When the movie was over, I danced to the music in the credits. I saw that the girl who played NIM was also in this movie: The Princess Diaries 2.
When the music ended, I went around cleaning up and moving things so the duct people could do their job. Then Chris called. I told him about my day and he told me about his. Afterward, I finished my blog post and took my evening supplements and went to bed.
* The quilt top - seems like I missed a few details. *

No comments: