Thursday, April 18, 2019

Time to make adjustments

I woke up minutes before my alarm went off. I'd been having a dream about Faye who sold me her old minivan and now was collecting large waxy leaves for a craft. My back hurt again, but not in a spasm sort of way. I got up and used the walker to get to the bathroom. I took the first supplement, brushed and swished. I went to the kitchen to get the chillow. Then I sat at my laptop, cooling my foot.
I got dressed, and used the walker to get to the car. I folded it up and put it in the back seat. I drove to the chiropractor's office. The nurse came out to supervise me coming up the ramp. She opened the special door so I could get in. I signed in and waited, but not for long. Then she took me to another room where I waited for the doctor. He liked my walker. He showed me x-rays of my head, neck and back. He said the tilt of my head was the worst case he'd ever seen. 11 degrees off center. From all that he said, it was a wonder I was walking around relatively painfree. But what he showed me was degeneration over years, not something acute and recent like a ruptured disc.
He laid me on the flat table and used a machine to push a couple of bones in a couple of places. Then he had me stand in front of another table which then rotated flat. A flap in the middle was raised up under my tummy and he let it fall several times. I guess that adjusted my lower spine?
I showed him my foot. He used a tuning fork to determine that none of the bones were broken. Then he sent me for x-rays to see if adjustment helped. After the x-rays, I went to another room where a lady showed me the treatment plan complete with prices and what my insurance will probably pay. I used the rest room and noticed my head was straighter. She took me to the therapy room for decompression. It was more comfortable this time, but still a little iffy. Then I went to the front desk where she charged me most of my deductible for this visit and the last.
Then she helped me out the special door to the ramp. It was steep and my walker had wheels, but I made it down safely. I folded the walker and put it in the car and went home. I made and ate breakfast, with the chillow on my foot. Jennifer texted me that she was on the parkway. I jotted a few notes for my blog and then got back in my car.
I met her at the Korean clinic. Jennifer pulled in right behind me. She walked beside me as I used the walker to lessen the weight on my foot. She wanted a detox foot bath, so we both got one. We talked as we detoxed. She gave me two keto chocolate eggs. Dr.Grace gave us each a cup of moringa tea. Dr. Lee said I needed more calcium for my spine and he recommended eating a tablespoon of black sesame seed every day. Jennifer went to the nearby Asian store to look for it. I stayed to help Dr. Lee fill out forms to get licensed in Georgia. As I left, she gave me seedlings and he gave me onion juice.
When I got home, it took two tries to get everything to the house. I ate lunch, and read a paper about my visit to Dr. Jarvis tomorrow. Then I read a book while sitting at the heating pad and chilling my foot at the same time. William called so I got up to answer the phone. After the call, I worked on choir music for Sunday. I played the flute, then got distracted and ate supper. Netflix sent a message about a sign-in so I called Chris, figuring it was him. After the call, I finished playing flute and practiced my trombone.
I sat with the heating pad again and read all the papers that the chiropractor gave me today. It said I would probably get a headache from the adjustment and there was a list of things I shouldn't do for the next two weeks: mopping, mowing, exercising, twisting, holding a phone on my shoulder, laying on a couch, have dental work done, etc. Also, he recommended a keto diet.
I went to his website and watched a clip of my new chiropractor treating a woman. It looked a lot like what he did to me. Then I called my tapping buddy. I tapped with her on her shoulder after surgery and she was able to get motion where the physical therapists failed. During our tapping time, the rain hit hard. I didn't think I could walk far without the walker, but I hobbled pretty fast out to the car to roll up the windows. I hope I won't have to pay for that later.
After the skype call, it was movie time. First I put in Ice Princess, but soon realized that I had seen it before. So I took that out and put in Rio. There were times I thought I had seen that too, but did not remember the music, so I watched it all the way through. I wanted to dance but I don't think it would be wise if I want to keep my adjustments.
Then it was time to blog and take evening supplements and go to bed.
* This is the 'drop' table. *

No comments: