Friday, April 26, 2019

Tomorrowland

I slept pretty well, but was not ready to get up at 7 when the alarm went off. I went for a truncated form of the morning routine. Then I got dressed and went to see the doctor.
When I got there, I waited a bit, then was lead to the laser room. It seemed like a long walk using the walker to keep weight off of my foot. I still had the green dots on my foot so she went ahead with the laser, passing it over my foot for 3 minutes. Again, I didn't feel anything. Then she took me the back way to the decompression room and put me on the nearest bed. It was much shorter. I relaxed for 12 minutes while it pulled at my back with 70 lbs of pressure. Afterward, she took me to exam room 2. When the doctor finished in room 3, he came over to talk to me. He adjusted my neck and then my back. He said not to ice my foot after laser treatments. (that wasn't what the handout said). I carried my file to the front desk. I had hung my bag around my neck so I could use the walker, and when I took it off, my neck popped. I hoped that wasn't the adjustment failing. I paid at the front desk and drove home.
I boiled water for nuts, soaked the sprouts, and took supplements on schedule. I listened to the next episode of Money Revealed: 401K's were established for rich executives not the middle class. Fees are paid every year so a lion share of what your money makes goes to Wallstreet. Now you have to opt-out when you take a job. You have no control over where that money is invested, so it is gambling. The amount you think you have in your 401K is based on market prices today. Gov't needs the tax so mandated that you must sell at age 70. Baby boomers will all be selling at the same time, which will affect the market. Invest in something you know about. Wealth is what you have left when you've lost everything.
William called to talk about getting enough protein, and share what he found in Goodwill. After the call, I went back to the money program. I made and ate breakfast. I rolled outside to sit in the sun and rip stitches. When the stitches were gone, I leaned over and pulled some weeds. There were many more that I could not reach. I came inside to iron the fabric that was once a curtain.
I listened to a podcast on NAD. I put some ozone cream on a sore spot on my gums. I had been swishing with salt water and that didn't cut it. Later I swished with xylitol, and then oregano oil. I thought I only put two drops in the glass of water, but when I swished, clearly there was a lot more. I had to spit it out and rinse my lips.
I wrote down some figures to calculate my protein intake. It came out to 61g on days I eat seed crackers with goat cheese. I was inspired to eat some seed crackers and goat cheese.
Chris came home from work. I asked him to get the mail and bring in the banner from my car. He did and there was no mail for me, but a DVD from Netflix. Then I was inspired to finish quilting the scrap project. It was good to have it finished.
I ate the last of the fish and some rice for supper, forgetting the kimchi. I read e-mail, then turned to the old laptop to print a pattern. But it was stuck on some update. I told it to go ahead and then it insisted on scanning a disk and finding unindexed files. While it did that, I started listening to the next Money Revealed episode. Then I had to reboot the desktop computer. By then, Chris was ready to watch TV.
We watched a DVD from Netflix called Tomorrowland with George Clooney. It took me the whole movie to remember his real name. It came to me 30 seconds before the credits. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* All my doctor's certificates *

No comments: