Sunday, April 7, 2019

Better than yesterday

I woke up at 6:30 to go to the bathroom. But getting up was not so easy. We used the same method as yesterday and it went faster. But walking was incredibly slow at first. I needed Chris' help in the bathroom. Then I took the first supplement, which was a group of enzymes which clean the blood as long as there is no food in the stomach for them to work on.
Chris sat down to work at his laptop. I played the superman theme song to walk to. As Youtube would have it, other things came up afterward. It started playing theme songs with made-up lyrics by a group called Goldentusk. So funny that it hurt. My favorite line was from the Harry Potter theme song: Though the teachers never said it, staying alive meant extra credit.
During this time, I took supplements at intervals until I got to breakfast. I made my usual breakfast but did not add my own supplements, substituting the ones from the doctor. When Chris took a shower, I went back and asked him to wash me, too. He got me dressed afterward.
I noticed it was hard to sit for more than a minute. But my legs still got tired of walking around. So I rolled a towel and made a circle to sit on. That extended my sitting time to 5 minutes.
I watched the next episode on cancer treatments in Asia: Today's focus was Singapore.
Cancer is a wasting disease. Loss of muscle mass is the killer part. You can live with cancer if you avoid losing muscle mass. Singapore has third lowest cancer death rate. They grow snake grass to get out organic poisons. It is native to Singapore. Soursop is good, too. They have a community garden where they grow herbs for cancer and give them free to cancer patients. They also grow Leeia Indica for leukemia.
I went for a walk. It went fine and I could have walked longer but I was wary of overdoing it without knowing it. I sat on my rolled towel and read e-mail, getting up and down as needed. My friend Joyce suggested I use ice often. So I tried sitting against the cold sock of rice, which felt ok, but when I tried to get up, I couldn't lean forward. I had to use the arms to push myself up. So I tucked the sock into my waistband so I could walk around with it. Then I practiced my flute and trombone. The phone rang and I wondered if the neighbors were calling to complain. But it was my sister catching me up on current events.
I did some mowing. It felt ok, but I worried the whole time. So I did not finish the yard. Chris said he thought I babied my back too much and so it wasn't as strong as it should be. My gut feeling was not aligned with that. He thought I was moving around well, but I think he got that impression because I knew what movements not to make. I read about herniated discs online and watched some videos of tests and treatments.
Chris cooked pork in the oven and a dish of onions, garlic and peppers. I ate that for supper and some blueberries. I sat watching Episode 5 of Broken Brain 2 with a bottle of ice behind my back. For some reason, that made it hard to get up. But I did, every so often.
At 8 we watched three episodes of “In Search Of”: killer bees, earthquakes, and curse of the mummy. I sat some, but mostly walked around or swayed in place as we watched. Afterward, I took my evening supplements and sat down to write my blog. Chris went to bed, sleeping on the side I normally sleep on so I will be on the most accessible side.

No comments: