Tuesday, April 23, 2019

No tea tonight

I was awake when Chris' alarm went off and he got up. I was awake when my alarm went off at 7:30, but I guess I fell asleep again because when I got up, it was almost 9. I noticed that I was walking a little better, but I rolled around the house anyway, to save my progress for my trip to the church.
I worked on my scrap challenge project and took supplements at timed intervals. I read e-mail and then made breakfast and got dressed. I put two days worth of meal supplements in the pill minder. I bought a kindle book on Amazon called The Kimchi Diet. I took a few minutes to look at it and it basically says to eat a quarter cup of kimchi twice a day for 8 weeks. There are particulars on kind of kimchi and recipes and the benefits, etc.
Beverly called. She noticed I wasn't at quilting today. I sat at my laptop with the chillow on my foot reading e-mail. Then I moved the chillow to my back. When I was ready to leave, I put it in the fridge. I saw all the neighbors had put out their recycling, but I literally wasn't going to fall for that again. At least, not this week.
I went to the church to record the donations. It was almost 2:30 and the church secretary was just packing up. She left the computer on for me. After she left, I took the money and tally sheet from the safe. I entered all the donations for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. I printed the reports, shut down the computer and took the money to the bank. I was prepared to wait in line, but someone showed me into an office to make the deposit. I sat at her desk while she ran the checks through and counted the cash. At the end I asked for a stapler to affix the receipt to the tally sheet. But it did not work very well.
From the bank, I went home. For lunch I mashed up a sweet potato and added clove oil, cinnamon, and ghee. I ate it at my laptop. Chris came home with mail. I opened the box to find a set of DVDs on cancer treatments. I heated a can of soup and added kimchi to it. It was very spicy.
I sat in the living room with the heating pad and finished reading the book on NAET. I was not impressed. I sewed binding to the scrap project. I watched the first episode of Live Longer Feel Better. Chris brought up Housing's survey and we answered it together. They might be sorry they asked. I ate some blueberries with cinnamon. I called Dad and he seemed to be doing very well.
I put some water on to boil to make tea. I played Solitaire while waiting for the water to boil, but I guess I forgot about the water. Chris had started the dishwasher. So when we heard a crack, I thought it was a dish. Chris went to investigate and found that all the water had boiled away and the pot was burned and cracked. It made me very sad since it is the perfect pot and I got it in a little shop in Chinhae.
We watched two episodes of Star Trek Next Generation. Then Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I looked at glass tea pots on Amazon and read reviews and answered questions in order to choose one. Then I wrote my blog post and went to bed.
* My favorite tea pot bites the dust. *

No comments: