Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tomorrow will tell

Last night I went to bed with a pair of mp3 headphones. I don't know if it was the meds or the eerie music, but I slept really well until 2:30. I woke up not knowing where I was or what my condition was, although it came back to me in a few minutes. Eventually I had to wake Chris to change my depends. I took a muscle relaxer and somehow went back to sleep.
I woke Chris at 6:30 for the first supplement and then lost track of the time. So the second one I took at 8:30. Chris made me oatmeal again. I tried to look up essential oils with anti-spasmodic properties. All I had was my phone and I am not very proficient at it. So I asked Chris to look it up, figuring he would use his laptop. He took the phone and shortly had the answer. Four oils were mentioned and I owned all of them. Chris mixed a few drops of each with coconut oil and rubbed it on my back. I also took more meds, though not the one for pain since they were almost gone. Chris cued up another episode of a documentary. I watched that. I asked him to water my plants and sprouts. Then the second one he played was on the topic of vitamin E. There are 8 forms of vitamin E and the speaker recommended gamma tocotrienols.
Late afternoon, I was feeling better and decided to try getting up. This is in contrast to earlier when I thought I would have to go to the ER because my progress was too little and too slow. There were a few failed attempts because I was so careful not to give my back an excuse to clench. But with Chris' patience and help, I was able to sit up. I relished the feeling for a few minutes before actually standing up. Chris brought me the walker and I inched my way to the bathroom. Walking was difficult because my back did not like having to shift my weight from one leg to the other.
I made a lot of slow careful steps for the rest of the day. I stood at my laptop and tapped out the Thursday blog, in sections. At one point before the sun went down, I put on clothes and inched my way to the mail box across the street. My neighbor happened to be coming home at just that time and checked to see that I was alright.
I was able to get my own supper and take supplements. I swept the kitchen floor, but Chris had to pick up the crumbs for me. He also stripped the bed and washed the sheets and mattress pad. I listened to the rest of the vitamin E interview while alternately sitting and pacing back and forth. Sitting was uncomfortable. But as the hours passed, it got a little better. I tried playing the flute and trombone. William called then, having heard from Patrick that I went to the hospital. After the call, Chris and I sat down to watch three episodes of “In Search Of”. However, I spent most of that time getting up and walking around where I could still see the TV.
Afterward, I sat for a few minutes at a time to type up yesterday's post and then today's. I took the evening supplements and a muscle relaxer. I missed a sewing event yesterday and today. There is another one tomorrow but I am not making any plans one way or the other. Tomorrow will tell.

No comments: