Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Financial Activism

Last night, in bed, I remembered the recyclables. Since I was unable to take them to the curb myself, I needed them to be by the front door so Chris would take them out. So I got out of bed, rolled to the kitchen and bagged the plastic, metal, and paper. I put 4 bags by the front door and went back to bed.
I woke up in what seemed like the middle of the night. I heard a faint noise. I reminded myself that I hear such noises all the time and there is never anyone there. But I reached out toward Chris, and his spot was empty. My ears were ringing so I rolled out to the dining room where Chris had the router on and was reading e-mail. I took my blocking fabric and went back to bed. But covering myself with it did not help. So I folded the fabric, rolled to the router, and covered it. Chris was still able to get signal, but it was weaker in the bedroom. After he left, I went back to sleep.
I got up at 9. I started my supplements, brushed my hair and teeth, and swished. I boiled water and soaked sprouts. I swept the floors. I printed out a new supplement spread sheet. I turned on the router and deleted some e-mail, then called up the Money Revealed episode:
Patrick Byrne of Overstock.com talked about using great wealth to build opportunities for the less fortunate and to right wrongs. Financial activism. He did the IPO by dutch auction which pissed off Wallstreet and so he was treated as a pariah. He has great hopes for Blockchain. He is investing in getting the land that the poor people in third world countries live on, titled so they can sell it or borrow money against it. Blockchain leads to a sharing economy. You can get started now with the tzero exchange. Block chain reduces corruption. He is doing it overseas because WallStreet won't cooperate. Blockchain eliminates the middleman. You have your private key to your info. No one else can see it. But the transaction will not go through if you don't have enough to pay for it. And the transaction is recorded indelibly so everyone in the chain can see it. It pairs nicely with crypto currency.
People who are telling you to avoid crypto currency are buying patents on blockchain. We won't need title companies. We won't need banks. No more transaction fees. There is a finite amount of crypto because it is based on real estate. But an infinite amount of dollars can be printed over time. People can vote on their phone and check to see that it was actually counted. Blockchain technology will keep all your medical records together no matter where you get treatment or from who. So your current doctor can be better informed to make decisions.
After the first interview, I paused to make breakfast. Beverly called from the Asian store to say the kimbap didn't look right. She sent me a pic. We also talked about other things. Then I ate breakfast and watched the second interview.

After a bit, I paused it to get dressed and go out to water the plants. I printed pages for recording offering. I finished the interview, then went to church to record the offering. It did involve walking, but I felt it was important. Plus I found my sit-upon in the lost-n-found. I took the money to the bank and deposited it. Then I went home.
I was listening to the bonus interview when Chris came home from work. He brought me a package from the post office. The package contained dried natto. It tasted like regular natto, but was not particularly crunchy. I ate several handfuls.
I looked through the keto sheet that the doctor gave me. All the ingredients in my seed crackers are on the approved list. I think I will bring him a piece. He insists that I must be eating a lot of carbs, but everything I eat regularly is on the approved list. Cashews are on the occasional list. Only rice is forbidden, but hey, kimbap is like a staple for Koreans and they are not fat.
I looked for my Frixion pen but could not find it. So I hunted down some freezer paper and cut a big circle around a plate with a rotary cutter. I ate some seed crackers with goat cheese and put one cracker in a baggie for the chiropractor. I finished off the last sweet potato. I played games of “Seahaven Towers” while watching the next episode of Live Longer Feel Better. This episode focused a lot on stem cell therapy. Mel Gibson talked about using it on his 92 year old father who was given 10 days to live and is now 99. My chiropractor is also using stem cell therapy on his joints after being in a car accident.
I made a little salad from what was left of the sprouts. I took the supper supplements. Then we watched two episodes of ST:NG. Chris made his lunch and I wrote to my blog.
* A somewhat tasty treat *

No comments: