Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Step by step

I heard my alarm go off at 7:30, but my back ached so I stayed in bed a little longer. The walker was by the bed so I used it to stand up, but still could not put weight on my foot. I scooted my bottom down to the corner of the bed where I could reach the dresser and I pulled out clean clothing. I scooted back to the walker and used it to get to the rolling chair. I rolled into the bathroom to wash up and get dressed. I took the first supplement. I turned my phone on to see if there were any messages. I rolled behind the computer desk and was able to turn the router on. I boiled water for nuts and rinsed the sprouts. I deleted uninteresting e-mails with my foot nestled in the chillow. I texted Stacey that I was ok. I took more supplements. I put a pan of water on the floor in the utility room and put a cup of Epsom salts in it. I boiled some water and added that to heat it up. I cut up ginger root and put it in my tea pot. Then I boiled water in the pot and added bone broth powder. I drank it while clearing e-mail.
I listened to part of a podcast while soaking my foot. Because of my back, I still had to stand periodically. I found I could put some weight on it, but not enough to walk. My right thigh muscle complained about having to do all the standing up and sitting down. The chiropractor's office called to see if I was ok after the spinal decompression.
At noon I made and ate breakfast. I started another podcast. I called Dr. Lee to ask if I could help him from home since I could not drive. He asked me to get him licensed for acupuncture in Georgia. I promised to work on it. I e-mailed pics of Grandma's furniture to Michele to see if she could use it for her apartment (if she has one yet). I also told her not to leave the country in case I have to sacrifice my first born to appease the gods.
I had a banana, chocolate and some dates for lunch. I took the walker outside and watered the plants with the hose. I did a little sewing when I figured out that I could roll my chair into that corner. I finished a podcast. I e-mailed Dr. Lee some links so he could print forms and start the process for licensure in Georgia.
I read e-mail with the chillow on my foot, then put it in the fridge. I asked my neighbor if she could get my mail at the post office. She came over to get the key. I put in a movie called Raise Your Voice. It was a flick about musically talented teenagers. Chris wouldn't have liked it. I laid on the couch with my feet up. Halfway through, William called. I don't remember what he wanted, but once he heard about my foot, he told me all about his. Then my neighbor brought my package and key. I unpacked the box and then finished movie. Jennifer texted that she would see me tonight. I texted back no. She also said there would be practice on Saturday. I should have expected that.
I made two salads, and ate while playing Solitaire. Chris called to say he has gotten two requests for interviews: one in Kansas and one in Korea. He also said he'd be home early on Friday. Then I called Michele and told her about the pics I sent, and asked her about her new apartment.
I practiced my trombone and flute. I sat with a heating pad behind me and read from the NAET book. I popped another movie in the player. About half way through, Chris called again, from his hotel room. We talked some more, mostly about Michele. Then he went to bed and I finished the movie. It was called “The Ultimate Gift” and it was long, interesting and sad.
After that, I walked to the dining room to finish my blog post. It hurt, but not too badly. Then I took the final supplements and went to bed.
* This was on the wall at the doctor's office. *

No comments: