Wednesday, May 5, 2021

A day in the sun for indoor plants

I awoke early, probably at Reveille, and started mental programming. I probably dozed off, though not for long. My alarm rang in the bathroom where I had left my phone. I got up to turn it off. I went to the kitchen to load up on water. I made lemon water but did not drink it right away. I put ingredients in the bread machine and turned it on. I watered the indoor plants and checked on the worms. Then I drank the first draught of lemon water.

I sat by the Happylight and read a book. Then I took the seedlings outdoors. I added some seed starter to a 6-pack and planted beans in it. I added dirt to the tomato in a sac. I turned on the router and ordered Wall O Water tomato teepees. I read e-mail and saw that Kroger is testing using drones for delivery. 5G can interfere with flight signals from airports. 5G phones turned on inside a plane will adversely affect the efficacy of the instrumentation.

I made breakfast. Chris came home with the mail. There was a card from MaryAnn. A lady had called from Chris' office wanting some plants. So I took some and went to his office with the plants. I hadn't thought to bring a mask, so Chris gave me one from his office and it practically fell off my face. I went to Kelsie's office and gave her the plants. We had a nice chat before she had to attend a meeting. I gave Chris his mask back and I walked home.

I finished my breakfast as I listened to the Corbett Report which was about the history professor that Clinton thanked in some speech. The professor had studied a secret group, or he was part of it. It was long and involved.

It was a nice sunny day. I put orange peels out to dry. I sat just inside the shed and broke up clods, filling a large bowl. I spread some of it in the compost tea, and some along the flowerbed. I took a break to read e-mail and that went longer then I planned.

Before 6, I went raking. As I worked, Chris passed me on his way home. I took the boxes of wood chips to the garden. There were other people there, for once. I spread compost tea and horse manure on the garden, then laid down the last big piece of cardboard. I covered it with wood chips and realized my garden was over half done. When I got home, I watched part of a podcast on internet privacy. He recommended VPN's and using Signal as a secure messaging app. I tried calling Dad's cell phone, but no one answered. Patrick called. He told me about all the work he did in the yard, and his job at the library. Then I called Faye to find out about Dad, and she had nothing to report because she could never get a hold of the therapist.

While talking to Faye, I went outside to water the lettuce plants and some of the grass. Then I brought all the plants inside. I made tea and whipped up a batch of seed crackers. I threw them in the oven and we watched the first DVD of Hornblower. I brushed my teeth and wrote my blog post for today.

No comments: