Thursday, May 13, 2021

Busy day

I used the headphones last night, and slept ok. I woke up when my hand lost circulation lying under my head. I heard Chris taking a shower. I stayed in bed doing mental programming, intending to have a particularly effective detox. I got up to handle plants, gnats, worms, etc.

I went through the usual list of activities that consitutes meditation morning. Chris came home for lunch while I was cleaning the kitchen. He put the mower in my car for me to return because he anticipated coming home too late. I read e-mail for while, then went to Johnnie's house to water some plants. I also checked all her bathrooms to make sure nothing was dripping. I dispersed some gopher mounds in the side yard.

When I got home, I got out the weed whacker and used it to mow down the tall dandelion heads. It was heavy and after I took it apart to get more string out, something happened and a boo-boo appeared on my leg. I drove to Self-Help to return the mower. The man pulled it out of my trunk and asked that I rinse the dirt off next time. Then I went to the gas station. The first pump I tried turned out to be diesel only. So I had to wait for the other one to open up. I was surprised to see the price was over $3 per gallon.

From there I went the round about way to the ACS building. I took some yam plants to Rusty's office. As we were talking, Jenni arrived to see what art supplies ACS had on hand. So she invited me to tag along. It turns out they have a sewing machine, and some fabric and stuffing there, as well as paints and lots of give-away items. We talked about doing an acrylic pour class.

I went home, then remembered I had food scraps in the car destined for the compost pile at the garden. I drove over to the garden, turned on the soaker hose, and made sure every inch of it was buried beneath the wood chips. Then I emptied the scraps into the compost pile made of tires. I talked to the people laying out irrigation in the next garden. Then I went home.

I made breakfast as supper. I listened to a podcast on the latest news. Chris came home from work. I went outside to move the gopher trap and fill the other gopher holes so I can tell which ones are new tomorrow.

I made tea and we watched the last episode of Night on Earth and the first episode of Our World, which is also a documentary on nature. I went outside to water my greens (in the dark), then brushed my teeth and sat down to write my blog post.

No comments: