Thursday, May 6, 2021

The first mowing of the season

I got up before 8. I watered the plants, and exercised, dry brushed, etc. It was a pretty good meditation morning. Afterward I cleaned the bathrooms and then the kichen. Chris came home for lunch with packages from the post office. He said something smelled bad and I figured it was the soggy lemon peels that had been soaking in white vinegar for months. The post on the internet said let it sit for two weeks, but I forgot. Later I realized it was the vinegar smell that was so strong. So I fished out the pieces of lemon rind and dropped a few in the gopher holes in the back yard.

I called Myra and we had a long chat. I looked up missing lunula. Different sources say different things. I checked e-mail. I went to Johnnie's house, and found a package on her porch so I took it inside and checked on her plants. I went home for a few minutes, then drove to the pavillion. I talked to lady who met me there with a bag of yarn she was giving away. We had a nice long chat. When I got home, I mowed part of yard, then plugged in the battery to recharge. It was the first mowing of the year and consisted mostly of dandelion heads. I also went to the garden to spread compost tea.

I made a late breakfast. I tried to find a post Faye made that I finally thought of a comment for. Somehow it wasn't there. Then I made tea. We watched The Mitchell's vs the Machines on Netflix. It was better than it sounded and I think Michele would like it. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog ( and look for that post again).

No comments: