Monday, May 10, 2021

Missing bits

I did mental programming last night and again this morning. I woke up several times during the night and woke up Chris. He was long gone when I got up around 7:30. I watered the indoor plants, swept up the new gnats, and started the lemon protocol. I read a book, and later turned to e-mail.

At 11:30, I started making breakfast. Chris came home for lunch with no mail, and did not stay long. After breakfast, I carried some yam and tomato plants to Housing for the clerk. On the way home, I picked up a large piece of tree that did not get chipped like the rest. I brought it home to make a bee house. I looked for a drill, and finally found one. But I could not find the drill bits to make the holes. I tried putting the trimming attachment on the electric lawn mower to see if that would work even though the blade doesn't, but it didn't work. It sounded like it wanted to, though.

I read e-mail most of the afternoon. I made more green mix. I cut a stalk of aloe and ate part of it. It had lots of latex, so I let the other pieces drain off until later.

I made supper and watched a recording of a school board meeting where the school board walked out because parents wanted to stop the school mask mandate. So the parents elected themselves a new board. When Chris came home, we pulled in the potted plants that were outside because it is supposed to go down to 30 tonight.

I watered the outdoor plants and made tea. We watched two episodes of Night on Earth. High tech cameras followed animals and fish in the dark. An owl monkey urinates on his hands and feet so he can smell his way back home at night. Pitcher plant glows at night in a way humans can't see but insects can.

Afterward, I brushed my teeth, glanced at e-mail, wrote to my blog, and went to bed.

* a dust devil *

No comments: