Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday

I got up when the alarm rang at 7:30. I closed the windows and locked them. I washed up and got dressed, adding vitamin patches. Patrick got up and took a shower and Kurt got ready. They left about 8:40 to get William. Faye came over and we put my case in her van. Tony came over to talk to us. Then we got on the road just after 9.

We drove north for a long time, passing Kurt several times. We stopped for lunch as Eggspectation, then drove to Shartlesville. Faye and I arrived at the motel at 4. We signed in and unpacked the van. Faye called Donna and David and Kurt to arrange supper. She and I went for a walk, and stopped at a dollar store. I didn't have a mask with me, but fully vaccinated people did not need one and no one asked me for proof. We got some snacks and walked back.

Donna came over and got in Faye's car while I dropped off a motel key for Chris. We drove to the other hotel to pick up pastor David and daugher and Kurt, William and Patrick. Actually they all followed us to the barbeque ranch for dinner. I paid for all of us as Dad would have. I could not eat all the chicken so I brought the white meat back to the motel. Faye and I were talking to Donna when Chris and Michele drove up. Then Chris and Michele and I started watching movies of Michele as a toddler that William copied from VHS tapes. It reminded me of good times when my mom and dad were alive and well. I texted Faye and William to come over to watch. Faye looked at pics of Dad that Chris brought. When the video was over, they went back to their room. Chris and Michele watched music videos while I got online and posted my missed blog posts.

No comments: