Saturday, May 8, 2021

Postage stamps are copy-righted

I used the headphones to fall asleep last night. When the music ended, I pulled them off and nearly tore out my eardrum because of the suction. I fell asleep then stayed in bed until almost 8 even though Chris got up earlier.

I made lemon water and watered the plants.. Michele called to ask questions about the skirt she is making. I don't think she has ever followed a fashion pattern before so I am proud of her. She showed me other patterns she intends to make and I think they are very ambitious. She likes cuffs and collars and plackets and set-in sleeves. God bless her.

After the long call, I looked at Spoonflower to find postage stamp fabric for Patrick. Most of the colorways I didn't like. I considered uploaded my own pic, but stamps are copyrighted, so that might be illegal. Just buying a print that someone else took of stamps might be illegal, too. Sigh.

Later, Chris gave me a massage, then he showered while I made breakfast. I showered after, then ate breakfast while he got the laundry started. After breakfast, I read outside, but the lawn chair was not comfortable and the fabric is ripping. I came inside and got on my laptop to read e-mail and articles. I walked to the post office to pick up my latest Swanson order.

It was after 4 when I went outside to mow. I did both side yards and it was exhausing, even with front wheel drive. It was quite dusty too. I came inside to rest and rehydrate. I listened to Reiner Fuellmich, a lawyer, talk about the legal case against Germany for the damage of lockdowns and the reasons why they were not necessary. When I had the energy, I put three eggs in the toaster oven to bake. I went outside to water the lettuces and kale. When I came in, it was time to eat. I meant to make a salad, but it didn't happen.

I read a few articles and checked Facebook. Faye had just posted something, so I knew she was near her phone. I called and heard nothing. So I called again and again. Finally she called me and we could hear each other. She told me about her visit with Dad yesterday and with the therapist. I guess the home will keep him a while longer for rehab. He is due for a checkup on the new medication.

I made tea, then we dressed the bed with clean sheets. I chose a VHS tape called Dinosaurs - a comedy from the 90's. There were two episodes and it was over by 10. I wrote my blog post and got ready for bed.

No comments: