Sunday, May 2, 2021

Lots of cardboard

I had trouble with the headphones because I couldn't find the music files amonst the silent files. Finally I just took the headphones off. I slept ok, and used my morning hypnogogic state to do some mental programming. I got up at 8:15. I used the alternate morning protocol. For the molecular hydrogen tablets, I used the alkaline water. But it did not dissolve any faster.

I checked the back porch, expecting to find everything blow away, but it seemed to be all there, if a little rearranged. I did not read, but turned on my laptop to rearrange the files on my headphones so the sound of Tibetan gongs would be first and the silent tracks would be last. I installed the next deeper track. I updated Al and Cecily on my father's condition. I listed to Sharyl Atkisson talk about water wars around the Colorado River, then read another article about shrinkflation, where a retailer sells a slightly smaller product for the same price - hiding the fact that the per unit price has gone up.

I washed up and got dressed. I listened to a brain improvement interview (selling a 6-week course), until it was time to go. Then we drove to chapel. I didn't see communion cups at the front table. Since this is the first Sunday of the month, I mentioned it, and the chaplain went to get some. Then he and I forgot. Just before the end of the service, Chris mentioned it and then the chaplain went through the liturgy and the 5 of us took communion. After the service I asked the chaplain if I could have the empty boxes in the fellowship hall and he said yes. So Chris and I broke them down and carried them home. They were fairly large.

When we got home, I made breakfast and Chris made lunch. I looked through e-mail for some time. Then I went for a walk, and identified a new spot of wood chips. When I got back, I read e-mail for awhile, then went to that spot to rake. From there, I went to the garden to spread some cardboard and cover it with chips.

I cooked some eggs in the toaster oven. I watered the plants outside and with help, moved the gopher trap to a new hole. Then I went inside and made a salad. I said a prayer, then ate supper at my laptop. I watched a podcast about a company that inserts DNA in probiotic spores and then sprays it on food post-harvest so they can track it to the consumer. It survives cooking. If someone gets sick, they can test him to find out the exact field where the food came from. The speaker says we have to have GMO foods to survive climate change. He did not answer the question about health effects on animals who ate it.

I played songs from The Phantom of the Opera and sang along. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Shadow and Bone. I don't understand what is going on, but Chris seems to like it. Then I wrote to my blog and got ready for bed.

* This headline applies to Israel. *

No comments: