Saturday, May 15, 2021

Take a gopher to breakfast

I took half of the sleep supplement last night and skipped the headphones. I slept ok and woke up a little groggy. Chris got an early call but did not have to leave to handle it. He stayed up and I stayed in bed, trying to visualize healthy outcomes. When I got up, it was almost 8. I watered the plants and made lemon water. I swept up gnats and removed their hiding place. I checked on the gopher. The tub had been pulled to the edge of the porch and it was empty with the rock still on top of it. There was a feather by the door so maybe a bird moved the tub to let the gopher out and took him to breakfast?

I read a book by the Happylight. Chris left for the office. I added to the shopping list. I read e-mail. At 11:30, I made breakfast. I listened to an episode from the heart summit: Cataracts are a marker of mortality as much as breast cancer. Usually heart-related. Alzheimers is a vascular disease as is glaucoma. MRI doesn't pick it up, but OCT can. Heart disease can be vit A deficiency. Citruline helps with nitric oxide.

After breakfast, Chris came home for the day but said he had to stay on post in case they need him. I packed a Louie Armstrong CD and player and the cooler. I headed to Tooele, and stopped at the lot at the top of the mountain to look around. Because of the trees, I couldn't see much. Then I continued my trip, listening to Louie Armstrong and thinking my dad would like the music.

First I shopped at Luckey's, then went to Melanies. Afterward. I walked over to look at plants outside of Cal Ranch. Then I went to the $store where I thoroughly enjoyed spending as much time as I wanted because no one was waiting on me. I put those purchases in the car and walked to Macey's. When I was done there, I stopped at Great Clips which was in the same parking lot. Sadly they had a line. I waited a few minutes, but had to get the groceries home (the milk would not fit in the cooler. I drove back to Dugway.

Chris had picked up a Swansons package for me from the post office. He came out to my car to help carry in groceries. He cooked me fish for supper. I checked e-mail until Chris pulled the fish from the oven. I took pre-supper supplements, then walked over to Johnnie's house to water her plants. On the way home, I felt raindrops. I was undecided whether I should put my car windows up or leave them down. In Alabama, that seemed to control the rain.

I read articles while I ate the fish. I went outside to see if my plants needed watering and it seemed like a storm was brewing, so I put up my windows. I went back to reading articles.

I made tea and we watched two episodes of the superhero thing. They were much darker than the two episodes yesterday. I brushed my teeth and sat down to finish e-mail, and write my blog post.

No comments: