Monday, May 31, 2021

Picture this

I got up at 8:30, grabbed another blanket because the bedroom was so cold, and went back to bed for half hour or so. I listened to part of an interview, then washed up and got dressed for church. While Chris packed his suitcase and laptop, I freshened a bouquet of flowers by drawing from other bouquets. I got in the car with the bouquet between my feet. Chris drove us to church.

We got there slightly late. I put the arrangement in the fellowship hall and then we sat in church with Faye and Kurt. It was a memorial day themed service. At the end we had communion with the little packets of wafer and juice. Then we went across the hall to the fellowship room where Dad's slideshow was being played. People looked at the pics we had set out. I talked to several people. Most went home and we talked to Kevin who made the slideshow.

Later, we left the church. Kurt said goodbye and headed to his home. Chris and I got in Faye's van and she drove to the airport with Chris navigating. We dropped him off. On the way back, we used her phone to navigate. I pretended I was driving to the directions of the gps. We got lost anyway and had to turn around. I don't know how we changed interstates without taking any exits.

Finally we got back to the church. We cleaned up the picture display and packed it and the flowers into Faye's van. Then I drove Dad's car and followed her to his house. Only she took a left turn and did not arrive when I did.

I found myself alone so I let myself cry. A lot. Then I cooked some frozen veggies. Faye came over with a sandwich from Subway. As she ate, I ate the veggies with a piece of fish that Chris cooked yesterday. She pulled all the wilted flowers from the various arrangements and collated them into two bouquets. I searched my blog for indications that I had written Faye a check when Dad went into Lucy Corr, but that level of detail was not in my blog posts.

We decided to take pics of everything in the house. We started with the dining room. But in some rooms we did not know what belonged to William and what belonged to Dad. We found stuff under the bed that I called Myra to ask what to do. We stopped taking pics because daylight had faded and the bedrooms have no overhead lighting. Faye fiddled with papers that Chris had Kurt print out. I wished Chris were there to answer her questions. I listened to the rest of an interview and worked some online puzzles. Eventually Faye went home and I started my bedtime routine.

No comments: