Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Flower Central

I got up about 7:30, took some activated charcoal and went back to bed. I got up later to wash up and get dressed. A chocolate bar had melted in my computer case and I tried to get it off all the items that it touched. I made phone calls to a life insurance company and Chris reported the death to the retirement system. Faye came over late. The three of us visited four (or more) banks. Having a death certificate helped, but without Letters Testamentary we could not get account information or even find out if there was an account at certain banks. I called the funeral home. They said Dad did not have a CD with them to pay for his funeral, and it would be nice if we paid by the end of the week.I told them we paid the organist directly and she said she would take care of that.

Flower arrangements were delivered from people at Dugway. Faye and Kurt talked to the delivery guy. I helped William clean out old clothes from one closet. I called Faye in to see a picture (and to give her an excuse to escape from the deliver man's stories).

We went out to eat with Faye's friend from work. It was a nice place where you walk along a counter and point out what you want put in your bowl. All sorts of healthy things. We ate outside because it was so cold inside. When she went back for her purse, she met another friend in the parking lot. It started to rain. It;s been a while since I have seen rain. But I just can't get over how green everything is here.

We went back to the house. I worked on creating an asset sheet while Faye tried to create a TIN for an estate account. Finally I e-mailed files to the clerk of court. Faye emoted about how frustrating it was trying to get a TIN and not knowing if it went through. She went home after inadvertantly taking a nap. Kurt found a passbook savings account, which may or may not be closed. I brushed my teeth, jotted some notes and went to bed.

No comments: