Friday, May 28, 2021

Chris' birthday

I woke up early, but never heard the alarm. I brushed and took charcoal. I listened to part of Endgame summit Day 2, but then lost internet connection. The speaker was talking about new math and how bad it was. It made me twitch just hearing about it. I pulled out and trimmed flowers.

Faye came over, and we went to the courthouse. We went through security, then to the clerk's office. We had to wait for the court clerk. She had lots of papers for us to sign. She gave us qualification papers, which we needed for the banks. When we were done, we headed to Dad's main bank. I called Kurt who called William to meet us there. At the bank, Faye gave the boys their notification of beneficiary papers, then had the clerk notarize that we did that. We created an estate account and put Dad's money in it. We closed out the bank box. There were bonds in there so we cashed them into the estate account. Chris was ready to go to his parents house so he came to get me while Faye and Kurt waited for receipt on the bonds.

We arrived at the Damours house around 3. Cecily appointed a chair for me to sit in in the den since I was unvaccinated. So I asked if I needed to eat supper at a different table and she said that would be ridiculous. We sat and talked for some time. Then Al dropped me off at the convenience store. I bought kimchi and walked back, making a loop on Angarde for extra exercise. When Al came back, I was stalking a squirrel.

The four of us sat at the small dining table until time to eat. Cecily would not let me help cook or set the table. (I wondered why I hadn't thought of the 'infectious' excuse before.) After we ate prime rib and potatoes and asparagus, we sang to Chris and his parents gave him a birthday card. Cecily gave out ice cream. She worried over everything, then went to bed. After a little more conversation with Al we finally went back to Dad's house.

Faye and Kurt and Patrick were shredding. Faye handed me some papers. I entered more account numbers into the spread sheet. They were probably old and closed, but we had to make sure. Faye left. Chris went to bed. I stayed up to delete e-mail and blog. Kurt played a ghost story from a collection that he regulary listens to. I jotted notes for my blog and deleted a bunch of e-mail, then went to bed.

No comments: