Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Day

Saturday

I had a hard time getting to sleep, then slept in. I got up to brush teeth and check e-mail. I posted to my blog for Thursday. I downloaded a Christmas image and wrote on it so I could post on Facebook. Facebook won't let me reply in text, only pics.

I heard a chewing sound above my head. I went up in the attic and the noise stopped. I told Kurt and he went up there. He stayed up there, quiet, in the dark, waiting for the sound to come back. And it did, but he wasn't able to see what made the sound.

I made banana oatmeal cookies and cheese sticks. I did not realize the bottom rack was in upside down and so was not level. The cheese migrated toward the front of the pan. So it was thin in the back and thick in the front. The back got really dark and crispy. When I finished, Chris started cooking a ham.

I went through a pile of sheet dance music from 50's. It looked like Dad collected all the music sheets from his dance band but never sorted it out by title. I did what I could, but there was no way to tell if all the instrumentation was there. Some of the pages were lacy with bug bites. I wondered if it was worth something to some collector. I kept a few pieces that sounded interesting or only had the trombone part.

Faye and Kevin came over. I talked to Kevin for a bit. Michele called and we had a nice chat. Faye and Kevin went to get Kevin's dad at the home, but he wasn't there. When they got back, we sat down to eat supper. We had ham, cauliflower steaks, potatoes with lemon, cheese sticks, and pie. Faye and Chris put the meal away. Patrick came while Chris was making whipped cream for the sweet potato pie. Patrick got out some food then joined in with the pie.

We sat around the livingroom and I handed out gifts I had brought. Faye did the same. Kevin wanted to go, so they left. Kurt stayed a little longer, but then he left, too. I brought in the bathroom rug that got cleaned yesterday, but didn't want to put it on a dirty floor. I scrubbed the floor in bathroom by hand with a brush Patrick found. Faye called to say there were gifts from William and Karen. I gave Patrick his and opened ours. There was a beautiful quilled card inside. I went back to scrubbing the floor. Chris came in to say goodbye and went back to his parents house. I scrubbed what I could without closing the door, then took a break to let the floor dry.

I posted to my blog, and wrote notes for next blog. Patrick got industrious in the kitchen, putting stuff away. I finished scrubbing the floor, then emptied the dishwasher as much as I could. I went back to my laptop. I read Kurt's history of property. It got late so I went to bed.

No comments: