Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Giving Tuesday

Tuesday

I woke up in the middle of the night. Three fingers of my right hand were numb. I flexed my fingers and rubbed them for some time to get the blood flowing again. I don't think I had been sleeping on it, but what else would cause that?

I got up late. I vacuumed the carpeted areas and left my vacuum by the door. I found a birthday card on my laptop from Chris. I had forgotten it was my birthday. I wished Mrs. DeBurgh a happy birthday on Facebook. I tasted some of the goat milk that the kefir grains were sitting in, and added a little more.

Knowing today is Giving Tuesday, I decided to give to 10 organizations and then delete any remaining missives. I scrolled through e-mails, noting some were extensions of Cyber Monday sales. I gave to 7 organizations. Chris came home at 10 and got out a lemon for me. He had to do something from his personal computer because the work network will bypass the site.

He came back for lunch while I was making breakfast. I asked him to put the vacuum in my car. I sifted through more e-mail, even the sales. I put on my walking shoes and got my trombone. I intended to play with Saronna, clean the MR house, then walk with Jenni. But at Saronna's house, I got really sleepy. So afterward, I went home and tried to take a nap. It didn't work. ( Also, Saronna's daughter, who was home sick, handed me a package wrapped in brown paper to open at Christmas.)

At 4:30 I went to Jenni's house and we walked around the block. Then I went to the MR house to clean for an hour. I finished scrubbing off the tape marks, did the baseboards and vacuumed the livingroom. It was all ready to steam mop. But it was 6pm. So I packed up as many cleaning supplies as would fit in a large tote and went home, where I knew Chris was cooking me steak and mushrooms for my birthday.

It was all very good. In fact, I used one of the rolls I made to sop up the mushroom juice. And then I ate the rest of the roll. Yikes! I watched some videos. Dr. Jane talked about the agreement Pfizer made with the EU - it was definitely all to Pfizer's benefit, including that the countries must pressure their version of the FDA to approve the shots as quickly as possible. And of course, Pfizer takes no liability for contamination, improper storage, or improper shipment, etc.

I wrote my blog post, then made tea. We watched four episodes of BBT, then went to bed.

No comments: