Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Looking through the music

Monday

I went to bed late. I heard Patrick still walking around after I turned off my headphones. Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up hearing Patrick turn on the dryer and go back to bed. I stayed on the couch until 8 or so. I got on my laptop to read the latest e-mail and finish up an interview.

Patrick got up and looked things up on the old laptop. Finally he took a shower, dressed and left for work. I put on a longer interview and worked my way through the file drawer of Dad's sheet music. I pulled out some I wanted. I arranged what was left into categories, like choral music, religious music, books of music, individual titles, accordian music, trombone music, music for other instruments, etc.

I played the trombone for a bit. I looked for sewing machine oil to use on the slide, but did not find any. I also looked for mineral oil, but none of that either. I looked through the baggie of old watches. I threw out broken stuff. I kept two: one had a broken band and one had a broken stem. I mended the robe I wore overnight. Chris called to say he was coming to pick me up. I finished up with the music, packed up the trombone and my carry-on, and put the sewing stuff away. When he arrived, he moved my stuff to the car while I packed my laptop. Then we locked the door and left.

On the way to his parents house, he told me that he had talked to the bank. They said all the banks got together and agreed not to accept cash deposits to accounts by people who are not the owners - UNLESS it is a business account. They would not make an exception, said each state has different laws in place. Chris outlined his plan to follow up.

When we got there, Faye called. I told her what I had done at the house. Then Cecily wanted to talk about supper each day for the next two weeks. She is planning Christmas dinner for Thursday night. Then I cleaned my slide and Al brought me some lightweight motor oil to try on it. He also had a gun-cleaning kit that helped clean the inside of the slide. The oil didn't help, possibly because there was rust on the bottom of the slide. Al had steel wool so I tried that. It made it worse. I cleaned it again and practiced for a bit. I tried the steel wool on the verdigris on the bell. It got the green off but didn't make it any shinier.

We went to Kanpai for supper. They serve a lot of food. I ate all of mine and I swear Cecily brought home as much as I ate. Al brought home almost as much. When we got home, Cecily turned on the Food channel, showing people making desserts. I looked up music stores nearby and found one near the grocery store. I listened to interviews while deleting e-mail, then brushing and swishing. Chris went to bed, and I posted to my blog, then followed him.

No comments: