Monday, December 20, 2021

My kingdom for some slide oil

Sunday

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, even with the headphones. I had put on multiple vit C patches in case I might be coming down with something. Then I found myself awake early, trying to recapture a dream.

We got up sometime after Cecily did. I felt better than when I went to bed. We had a relaxed morning. Cecily and Al and Chris went to Mass. I stayed behind to have breakfast and catch up on e-mail and to pack for a night. When Chris got back, he made himself a sandwich, then he drove me to Dad's house.

Faye was already there. Chris stayed for a bit and put the new plates on the Oldsmobile, then went back to his parents house. Faye and I went through drawers and cupboards so I could identify anything I did not want given away or sold. Since I cannot take much back on the plane, I had to be choosy. We push around the new bed in the guest room to make room for a filing cabinet. Faye told me it was my job to go through the filing cabinet and take or toss stuff. Sigh. We had a bite to eat. We looked for batteries to see if a tiny fountain worked. Patrick finally found some. But it did not function. Later she went home.

I made up the bed, but could only find the fitted sheet. I threw a pillow on top. I practiced Dad's trombone. It needed slide oil and what was in the case was all dried out. So I went searching for the other trombone. I had to call William to find out it was on the attic. But then I had a hard time finding it. When I did, I brought the trombone down and opened it up. But there was no slide oil inside. And that slide was in worse shape than the first one. I set up my computer and read e-mail while Patrick went out to eat. When he came back, he started a load of laundry and got on my old computer to look up used lottery tickets and bottle caps. I downloaded pics from my phone and cropped them. I dressed for bed and jotted notes for my blog, then posted for yesterday. I made Patrick put the old laptop to sleep and go to his room so I could sleep on the couch.

No comments: