Tuesday, December 28, 2021

A day at the Damours

Monday

I had left my nightgown at Dad's house. So last night Chris gave me a t-shirt to wear. In the morning when my phone alarm went off in the den, I tied a scarf around my waist and ran out to turn it off. I went back to bed and got up at 8:45.

I washed up and got dressed. I brushed and swished. I answered Facebook comments by typing my response into a document, then taking a pic and posting it. But then I discovered that I can copy/paste the text into the comment box. So much quicker.

I was still sore from scrubbing the bathroom floor. I read e-mail. I listened to an interview with a doctor who explained (among other things) that when covid came out, not only did the CDC say they'd pay hospitals extra for covid cases (defined as a positive test OR symptoms), but they also shut down elective surgeries which are the financial lifeblood of hospitals. Covid death was defined as a positive PCR test and no pulse rate. Administrators and doctors accepted these rules just to keep the doors open. Therefore we have inflated numbers of cases of infections and deaths.

Al and I went for a walk. We did 3 laps which equals a mile. I went back to listening to the interview. Dr. Fleming says the CDC is getting rid of the PCR tests because they have a new patented test. He did not elaborate on the new test. Cecily had the news on and they were constantly harping on cases of Omicron, and though they are so much milder than Delta, the infectivity will likely overwhelm the hospitals. (That is not what happened in South Africa, so why would it happen here?) On another story, the real time capsule was found at the base of the statue of Robert E Lee. The box they found last week is something different.

Cecily and Chris made supper: prime rib, potatoes, brussels sprouts, salad, and pop-overs. Nobody had dessert. I went into the den to read e-mail. Cecily came in to watch Wheel of Fortune. I listened to Dr. Levy talk about the benefits of nebulizing hydrogen peroxide for covid and leaky gut. Once a week for maintenance. She went to bed and I stayed up talking to Al. It was almost midnight when I posted to my blog and we got to bed. As soon as I laid down, I could hear my ears ringing. I chalked it up to the router being right on the other side of the wall.

No comments: