Saturday, December 18, 2021

Is it insured or not?

Friday

It was another long night. I did not have hot flashes, but could not fall asleep. For some reason it did not occur to me to use the mp3 headphones. In the morning the room gradually lightened. I heard Cecily get up and move around. I got up at 7:30 because I thought Chris wanted to get up at 7:30 to disinfect the suitcases as his mother wanted. But he didn't get up so I went back to bed. At 8:30 I got up and then he did too. I brushed and swished. I finished something from yesterday on my laptop, which had run out of battery power because the outlet is tied to the light. When the light is off, there is no power.

Cecily told me where to find oatmeal for breakfast. She and Al went shopping. I handwashed two of my masks and one of Al's and hung them out to dry. I went back to e-mail. Karen called about the house insurance. I talked to Chris and Al and Cecily. They suggested I call USAA to see if I can get a good deal, and that I would have to answer questions about the house and its construction. Ughh.

I got in an argument with Chris because he thinks I am overthinking it. Then he took a shower while I typed notes for my blog. We got in the Cadillac and he drove to Midlothian while I called USAA and got a quote. We went to a bank and they remembered me, even with my mask on. Then we went to Dad's house. I wanted to get Dad's trombone to practice for Christmas Eve, but the house was locked and I didn't have a key. I called Faye and she said there was no key hidden outside. She also said the tax commissioner said the house was insured as long as the bill was paid. Chris and I went back to another bank to speak to a manager, but none were there, only tellers. So we went back to Cecily's house.

Al and I went for a walk on Angard. I was wearing shoes Cecily gave me. So by the time we finished, I had literally walked a mile in her shoes! When we got back, Cecily was obsessing about supper. We chatted until Faye called. She had called State Farm and settled everything. She wants my opinion on stuff she is doing at Dad's house, so we planned to meet Sunday. Cecily finished making supper, with a small salad for me. We ate together, watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Sheldon's girlfriend is the new Alex Trebek. Chris and Al ate fruitcake. I jotted notes for my blog and ate a banana oatmeal cookie.

I spent some time on my laptop, watching the latest edition of The Highwire. I took some pics but no notes. Chris had already gone to bed when I finished. So I put the computer to sleep and got ready myself. I used the headphones and they were so effective that I never turned them off.

* From "The Real Anthony Fauci" by RFK jr. *

No comments: