Monday, December 27, 2021

Mothballs

Sunday

I got up at 8:30. I checked e-mail. I sorted through a stack of notebooks and paper that Faye left for me. Most of it was from classes in school and college. I got ready for church. Faye came over to pick me up. I ate some ham for breakfast. Then we went to church. After the service, we talked to a few people. I asked the trumpeters if they would like Dad's cornet books. They said they would. (Faye will have to deliver on that).

We went back to the house, stopping at Food Lion for cleaning stuff and moth balls. We had leftovers for lunch. I asked Faye about the shrimp in the fridge, and she said William brought it over for us to eat. So I pulled it out. It was a plate with shrimp, steak, green beans, a roll, and cookies. Patrick ate the cookies while I ate mostly shrimp. Faye and I had some steak.

Patrick left. Faye and I went through all the music. I collated the dance band music from the 50's. Faye added the cornet and accordion music. Then we went for a walk. When we got back, I got out the moth balls. There were two bags in the box. I went up in the attic, saw where the critters were getting in. I could not get to that spot so I threw the bag over there and it split. Moth balls went everywhere. I took the other bag outside and stuffed it into the opening in the rotted wood. Hopefully that will deter whatever it is that we hear chewing on rafters at night.

Chris showed up at 5. I packed a few things in my rolling bag and left the big suitcase there. He brought me back to the Damours in time for supper. We had soup with meatballs and glass noodles. The others had pie. Then Alfred and I talked for hours. I got to bed around midnight.

No comments: