Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Eve brass quintet

Friday

I got so cold last night that I couldn't sleep. Maybe the bedroom door needs to be open for the heat to circulate. When I got up to go to the bathroom, the heat control read 65. But when I got up again at 8:45, the unit read 72.

I took some bromelain, then brushed and swished. Cecily was watching the Today show. I checked e-mail and tried to catch up. I made lemon water and drank two glasses of it. I took a shower and packed up. Chris took his shower and did the same. We left Damour's before noon.

We arrived at Dad's house. No one was there but I had my key. The house was all picked up. It looked great and I thought Faye did a beautiful job. But later Faye came over and said it wasn't her. Turns out it was Kurt who committed a neatness, nay, multiple neatnesses. I did a load of laundry. Kurt and Patrick came back before their movie at 4. I looked through papers in the filing cabinet, and some music that came from the attic. William came over. I had gifts for him and Karen. But Kurt had to carry them to William because he did not want me to get that close. He gave Faye a bag of gifts which I did not know about.

Faye and I pulled the green carpet out of the back bathroom and put it in the washer. When it came out, it still had a dirty path on it. So we hung it on the deck rail. I treated it with Lestoil and poured boiling water on it. I tried to scrub it, but scrubbing pulled at the fibers of the carpet. So I hooked up the hose and pressure-washed it, then left it to dry.

Chris made an early supper. Faye went home to eat. Then Chris drove me to church. He carried my trombone inside. We were greeted at the door. I unpacked the instrument and hung out with the other musicians. As it turns out, none of them had played recently so I did not have to worry about my lip giving out earlier than theirs. Then we went outside to play. Thankfully my stand-mate had clothespins to hold the music in place. We played one verse for each song, covering most songs in the book. A crowd had gathered of people taking pics and listening to the music. Chris took pics with my phone. Then we all went inside for the service.

We sat in the back and Faye joined us. She missed our brass quintet. The service consisted of carols and Bible readings. Afterward we exited through the front of the church to shake the pastor's hand. I talked to Kevin Beers, and Bobby G. Bobby told me he got distonia in his lips and could not play for a year. Yikes!

Chris and I went back to Dad's house. Surprisingly Kurt and Patrick were there, not out looking at lights. I checked e-mail, then talked to Kurt for hours. He had videos of birds eating out of his hand. It was after midnight when we went to bed.

No comments: