Friday, December 31, 2021

Last day with Faye

Wednesday

We slept in until almost 9. I got up to get myself ready for the day. I made lemon water and drank it. As soon as Chris got up, I was able to fill a tub with stuff from the closet, and go through a drawer of things I had put aside last time. I left a top and pair of pants in case I needed something to wear in the future. Chris showered and got online. I took pics of the two trombones and made sure each one had its original mouthpiece. I tried both mutes and decided I would never use the hat mute, but the other was kind of cool. I took everything I wanted out of the big trombone case so Faye could sell it on her yard sale.

Faye came over as I was having ham for breakfast. She brought an extension cord for the freezer. She and I tried to move the freezer but Faye got trapped in the corner and Chris came in to help her out. William came by to get stuff out of the attic. I had to stay in the kitchen or he wouldn't come in. Faye and I went through the book of estate credits and debits. Chris took me to the bank to make a deposit which included house cleaning money. I packed my suitcase with stuff Faye wanted me to take. I took pics of some things and sent them to Michele to see if she wanted them.

I tried to start the car, but it would not turn over. I went through the stuff in the Oldsmobile and through out trash and Dad's food bag. Everything was pre-wrapped so not the problem. I took some bags inside and Faye emptied them. I also checked the trunk and it was full of William's stuff. I sprinkled the interior with baking soda to reduce the odor.

I wanted a haircut but Chris said it was too late to stop by Great Clips. It was sad saying goodbye to Faye. I did not want to leave and go back to Dugway. I grabbed the leftover bananas and cheese sticks for snacks on the plane. We put the suitcases (including an extra one for the sheet music) in Al's car and headed to Damours for supper. I talked to Cecily while she cooked. The news was on and I hoped they would talk about the time capsule, but they did not. I showed her the pic of the Asian placemats and she really liked them. I think they match her plates.

Finally we sat down to a meal of meatloaf, potatoes, asparagus and salad. The others ate the last of the pie. For my dessert I put whipped cream on a banana oatmeal cookie and ate it. I talked to Al for awhile. Cecily went to bed. Chris sat in the den watching the food channel and his phone. Later I went to write my blog post. Al and Chris went to bed. Neither he nor I am looking forward to leaving civilization.

No comments: