Friday, September 16, 2022

A mouse came to Game night

Thursday

I woke up early hearing Chris, but apparently went back to sleep. It was after 7:30 when he left. I got dressed and brushed my teeth. I looked up how to turn off accidental touch protection on my phone. It sounds like a good thing, but never responds to swiping so is just an impediment. I worked on my blog post for tonight. I discovered I was down to my last check, but I needed to write two of them. I listened to health interviews as I grated five small zucchinis. I covered them in vinegar and spices and put that in the fridge.

I put on The Highwire and made breakfast, then ate it. I paused it at 2:15, found a blank cleaning contract and an envelop. I went to April's house. The movers were just finishing up. Some of the Housing people were there. We chatted and played with the dogs. When the final guy came, we went over the contract and signed it. She gave me cash and keys, which I put into the envelop with the address on it. I also wrote down her garage code for later. The Housing people left and then she and I carried some stuff from the shed to the garage for transport to the swap shop later.

I went home, listened to more of The Highwire's interview with Alex Jones. Then I went to the gym to walk. At first I walked alone, but then Michelle came, and soon after, Jenni. The last to arrive was also the first to quit. But then the three of us stood around talking till after 5.

We went home. I ate some cheese sticks and muffins while finishing the interview. Then it started to rain, so I put up my car windows. It was time to go to the game/trivia night, but I was so tired. However, after a little tapping, I went anyway.

Tables were set up and people were playing games. I talked to Jeff until Tonja arrived. She pulled out a 500 piece puzzle. Rebecca joined us and we completed it in less than 2 hours. I enjoyed the veggies and fruit that some people brought. There was lots of stuff I wouldn't eat, too. As people finished their games, they put away their table and chairs. After we packed up, I spied a mouse running across a doorway. I went to investigate and others came along. We didn't find the mouse until some boy moved the sofa. Then we could see evidence of chewing, and the mouse ran out the door.

I went home, and worked on writing up the day's events. I made tea. We watched three episodes of Barney Miller. It wasn't that great. Feeling lightheaded and dizzy, I went to bed early.

No comments: