Thursday, September 15, 2022

Here, there, and everywhere

Wednesday

I woke up early when Chris got up, but I went back to sleep. It was after 8 when I woke up. It was raining, so I skipped watering and made coffee. I also drybrushed, rebounded, etc. I tapped for speaking in tongues. I am still not sure I am doing it right.

Afterwards, I cleaned the house, esp the kitchen. It always takes the longest, especially with washing dishes. Chris pulled out the bread machine, so I filled it with dry ingredients and got out some frozen blocks of whey. It was taking too long to thaw so then I put them in the tea pot and heated it. I added enough water to make 1.5 cups and started the machine. Then I took the Berkey apart and scrubbed the charcoal filters. They had brown stuff growing on them.

At 3 I went to April's house to re-quote. We settled on $240. At 3:30 I walked with Tonja at the gym. We saw Charity there and she talked about how impressed she was when Chris slid down the slip-n-slide in his suit and tie.

After walking, I met with Joe to see how his cleaning was coming. He wants a re-quote on the morning of his inspection next week. Then I went to the garden. None of the traps were tripped. But I didn't see any rodent damage either.

I went over to Jamie's house. Amanda didn't pay her for mowing so I gave her $20. She gave me some cleaners and vacuum attachments, then showed me the riding mower that she just bought, used. I got a scratch on a sculpture in her side yard. I licked it, but later Chris said it would have been better to let the dog lick it. I went home to wash it off. I watered gopher mounds and flattened the gopher that climbed out. Then I read e-mail and articles for a long time.

Chris came home after 9. He put a bandaid on my scratch. I made tea, and we watched the very last episode of Cheers. It was really long and it wasn't great, but it must be tough to write an ending to such a popular series.

Afterwards we had a long discussion about current issues. It was after midnight when he went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog, then turned in.

No comments: