Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Treasure from the landfill

Tuesday

I got up on time, having slept pretty well. It was a cool morning so I read e-mail and watched a documentary called Covenom19. Then I paused it to water the plants at home and at the garden. I picked dandelion leaves, washed them and set them on the back porch for drying. I siphoned off the whey from the milk.

I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home with mail, ate lunch and went back to work. I watched more of the documentary. I printed out two versions of When the Saints go Marching In. I took my trombone to Saronna's house. We conversed for a bit before we got started playing. We played around with the two versions I printed. Then we started on the hymnal with hymn number 1. It sounded so good we decided to play it on Sunday.

Afterward, I went to the library to return my book and two seasons of Cheers. I picked up a season of Barney Miller. I went to the gym to walk with the ladies. After much chatting we decided to go visit the landfill.

Three of us rode in Tonja's car as she drove to the landfill. We found more than we could carry, including a very nice bookcase. So we loaded what we could and went to the swap shop to drop off a file cabinet, and then my house to drop off an ammo case and a board to cut up for shelving. Then we started calling around to find some strong people. Eventually we got Rebecca's neighbor and Chris to come out and do the heavy lifting. Then we all went to the swap shop to deliver the bookcase and tall filing cabinet.

Chris drove me to the gym to get my car and I met him back at home. I finished listening to a podcast on Al-Quada and false flags. I ate the leftover fish while Chris had leftover chicken. I brought in the now-dried herbs and put them in bags. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched episodes of Cheers, ending before 10. We both read e-mail for awhile, then he went to bed. I stayed up a little longer.

No comments: