Monday, September 19, 2022

Two kinds of snack

Sunday

I got up around the right time. I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and threw them in the oven. I watered the plants at home. A gopher climbed out of a hole in response to the watering. I grabbed him and held it long enough to get a stone... Later, I went to the garden to water, weed, and pick.

When I got back, there was a message that church was canceled due to family emergency. Michelle texted that we could gather and sing instead. I promised to bring a snack. I loaded the sewing class pics to the Dugway Facebook page. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. He took a shower while I made potato salad by combining recipes on the internet.

I took a shower, and dressed informally. I read e-mail for awhile. I went to chapel to sing, completely forgetting the seed crackers. We talked first, then sang with the piano. I held the hymn book open with one hand and played soprano and alto with the other. It was ok.

The ladies stayed to talk, then we went home. I returned clean towels to the company house. Chris wanted me to cut his hair, so I did my best. Perhaps if I did my worst, he would take my advice and go get a real haircut.

I read e-mail for a bit, then went to the gym to work out with Michelle. We also talked to the band director. After the workout, we sat in the sauna and chatted.

When I got home, I made cheese sticks. I had picked kale from the garden and washed it. I laid it out to dry. I picked a salad from whatever was growing. As I ate, I read articles. I made tea, and we watched more episodes of Knight Rider. It was nice to see actors with their original dentition.

I got back on my laptop. Chris packed his bags for tomorrow and went to bed. I texted with Kurt and hit the hay sometime after 11:30.

No comments: