Friday, September 23, 2022

Octoberfest

Thursday

I got up at 8:30, again having had a hard time staying asleep. I pulled the dough out of the fridge and put it in a warm oven to rise. I got ready and watered the plants around the house, then at the garden. I texted Tonja that I was coming over, and then I showed up on her doorstep. She had her bundt pan ready. After a little chatting, I went to the house to clean. I stayed there about an hour, then went home.

I rolled the dough out and put the half the filling on, folded it in, then rolled it out again and put on the other half. I folded it again and put it in the bundt pan. I left it in the oven to rise while I made breakfast and watched The Highwire. Just before 1, I heated the oven and put the bread in to bake, then hurried off to Joe's house to look it over and give him a quote. His wife was there and they had done a good job. I quoted them $120. They seemed to think that was fair. Then I went to Housing to get more cleaning contracts and set up inspection for April's house. By the time I got home, my timer was going off. I took the bread (Kugelhopf) from the oven and rubbed the top with butter, then let it cool.

Then I was off to the school to meet the ladies for walking. It was Diane and Jenni today. Diane had to leave early. Jenni and I walked a little longer, then I went home to rest a little and fill out a contract. I went to Joe's house at 3 for the inspection and signing over. He paid me and gave me two keys. He left a bunch of cleaning stuff behind, but they took both cats.

So I went back home to watch a little more of The Highwire: the doctor said he discovered that vit C and cortizone used together cures sepsis. But all too soon, I had to change clothes and put the bread in a bag on a plate and take it to the community center for judging. The judging was supposed to start at 4, but it didn't.

First they gave prizes to people who were reported to have gone above and beyond. They crowned a Kaiser and Kaisen. THEN, the judges had each contestant come up and talk about their submission while the judges tasted it. There were 10 so it took awhile. When I cut pieces for the judges, I cut one for myself. It was a little dry but very tasty. Then the judges disappeared. I wondered if they all got sugar highs. Tonja gave me one of her German spice cookies. I got a little lightheaded.

Anyway, so I sat and talked with whomever came to the table. It was fun, but Saronna did not come, so I couldn't dance with Jedidiah. We discussed mice in our engines. Someone said they leave their hood open at night and it discourages the mice because it isn't so dark.

Chris called, but it was too loud for me to hear him. So I said my goodbye's and went home. I called him back. We had a short chat. I told him about being stopped last night. I opened packages from the post office and put them away. I opened the hood of my car, and put in a moth ball. I read e-mail until after 11, then posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: