Thursday, September 15, 2022

The community meeting

Tuesday

I got up about 8:30. It was raining. I brushed and swished. I resumed listening to the episode on sleep. They mentioned hops tea, valerian tea, nutmeg (takes 4 hours), 4 T of poppy seeds, ashwaghanda, shankhpushpi, skullcap, blue vervain, lemon balm. Or use rhodiola as an adaptogen.

While listening, I made more green mix. Later I made breakfast and ate while reading e-mail. At 2 I went to Saronna's house to play music. And we did, but soon after I got there, her daughter called from school to say she wasn't feeling well. So we had to wrap up early.

I proceeded to the garden. I saw a lot of rodent destruction, so I went home to get twine and traps. I set the traps and tied up some tomato vines. I covered some with netting. I took home a vine that had been ripped from the plant and put it in water.

At 3:30 I went to the gym for walking. I ran into Mickey who was just leaving so we chatted. Then I went inside. Only Rebecca came, so we walked and talked for half an hour. Her son came along, but he kept asking to go home.

When I got home, I picked greens and made a salad. I got on Zoom for the quilt guild meeting, but it turned out that I am a week early. I ate some cheese, and watched videos on making cheese and using whey.

Then at 6 I went to the community club for the monthly community meeting. It was a small group. There was lots of discussion and female bonding, and stuff Chris should have heard, and some he probably shouldn't hear about. But he was in Tooele with the CSM.

When it broke up, we went home in the rain. I made tea and we watched episodes of Cheers. I remembered parts of the community conversation and related them to Chris. He went to bed and later, so did I.

No comments: