Tuesday, September 6, 2022

The Badass Women of Dugway

Monday

I got up late , but not as late as the past two days. I got dressed a little nicer than usual because of the pool party later. I watered a gopher hole and then beat the gopher that came out with the hose, which covered me in mud. Reluctantly I rinsed the mud out of my shirt and changed clothes.

I watered the plants at home, then at the garden. I finished the podcast from last night. In it, Judy Mikovitz was explaining how retroviruses work and how they could easily make a safe and effective vaccine in capsule form. It would activate both arms of the immune system and stop replication of the target virus.

I read e-mail. Chris heated the chicken in the oven and put ice in the new ice chest and filled it with beer. I got towels to wrap the casserole dishes of chicken in. We carried everything to the car and then went to the pool.

I didn't want to burn in the noon sun, so I found a shady spot to sit. Michelle was there with her family, as was Jenni. Later Tonja came as did Saronna and her kids. We had a nice chat for 3.5 hours. I played with Jedidiah. He was so cute! Chris brought me a plate of food, and later some different flavors of chicken wings. Jedidiah was happy to chew on the chicken bones.

It was after 3 when I packed up and walked over to Chris who spent most of his time talking to the guys who were grilling chicken wings and brauts. At one point he had taken off his shirt and jumped in the pool. All the women noticed. Anyway, he finished his beer and conversation, then we packed up the food and went home.

I read e-mail and snacked on nuts until 7. Then I put on my suit and went back to the pool. I gave some seed crackers to the life guard who had shared his rice with us. Then I swam and talked with Michelle and Heather. We called it the meeting of the badass women of Dugway. At one point I laughed so hard I nearly drowned. At 8 we got out and resumed our chat in the parking lot. One of the subjects was the situation with a boy at school who was making rude remarks to girls and touching them inappropriately. Michelle said she would notify the principal tomorrow.

When I got home, I made tea, and we watched 2 episodes of Cheers. I wrote my blog post and Chris went to bed. Then I read e-mail and listened to an interview about being internally consistent, applying the same logic to both sides of an issue. It was midnight by the time it finished.

No comments: