Thursday, September 29, 2022

The first harvest

Tuesday

I got up soon after my alarm went off. It was 40 outside, so I puttered in the kitchen, changing the water of plants that are rooting, etc. I submitted a Swanson's order because they were having a one day sale. Then I watered plants at home and in the garden. I picked a bunch of potatoes and green tomatoes in case of first frost. I also pulled some beets and radishes.

I went to the MR house. I filled a jug with hot water and poured in the trash can. I scrubbed it with a hard broom and poured it out. Soon the first inspector showed up. I followed him inside. A second inspector came and I talked with her and tried to stay out of her pictures. The first one came downstairs and got out the paperwork to sign. I signed and left.

I went home. I pulled out the smaller beets and radishes and planted them in the big pot out front. Then I went to the 2nd street house to clean. After an hour and 15 minutes, I went home for breakfast. I could see Chris had been there because he left something on my laptop.

After breakfast, I took my trombone to Saronna's house. We worked on When the Saints go Marching In. I brought yet another version and we tried combining it with another one. But it was hard to read. Then I found another set in a clarinet book. That was just interesting. Her husband called to ask what my draw was. So I got the bow out of my car and let her measure the pull. Then she had to walk to the school to collect her kids so I left.

I drove across the street to clean. I had about 20 minutes, then went to the school to meet the ladies. Only Diane was there so we walked together for over a mile, then went home. I was going to get a drink and go cleaning again, but I started listening to podcasts. I also divided up the half gallon of goat milk between the various ferments.

Then it was time to make a salad. I went outside to pick what I could from the tower garden and the yard. Many of the greens have bolted. I put a sonic gopher stake in the tower garden to see if it would hinder the mice. (Maybe I'll put one in my car while we're gone).

Chris came home from work. We talked about what suitcases to pack and what plants to bring in before our trip. I finished the salad and read e-mail. I posted to my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of Knight Rider. It made me sleepy so I went to bed.

No comments: