Saturday, September 3, 2022

The keys are back where they belong

Friday

I watered the plants at home, then went to the company house and put their sheets in the washer. I headed to the garden, and ran into Michelle. I stopped and we talked for 45 minutes. Then I went to the garden and fed the plants there. I picked up more little peppers lying around near the potatoes. Are the varmints sitting around and smoking the peppers at night? I collected some mint and a few leaves of kale, red beet, and radish.

When I got home, I stripped the leaves off of the mint stems and washed them. I put them on the back porch to dry. I went back to the company house to put the sheets in the dryer and put towels in the washer.

I came home, and filled the Greenstalk with water (which is supposed to water all the pockets in the tower garden. I also watered the flowerbeds. I beat 4 eggs and added them to the frozen eggs on the pan in the freezer. Raw eggs have to be frozen before they can be freeze-dried.

Then I listened to a podcast until noon. It was time to put the towels in the dryer. When I got back from the house, I made and ate breakfast. As soon I was done, we were going to head to Tooele, but Jamie showed up with the swap shop keys! We were both very excited! Apparently someone found them in the parking lot and turned them in to Dispatch. We chatted about our upcoming cleaning in September. Then she left.

We listened to more of the book on CD on the way to Tooele. We shopped at the usual places, plus I bought some vinyl at Joanns for a future project. When we got back, we got the mail and put away the food. Then I took the pan of frozen eggs to Michelle's house. I also gave her a bag of peanuts and mint. She had a pan of spinach, so those four things went into her freeze-dryer.

I cleaned at the company house for 50 minutes, then went home for supper. Chris made fish and I made a salad.

As soon as I finished eating, I put on a swim suit and went to the pool. I carried my clock with me and set it up in a chair. Michelle was standing in the pool so I swam circles around her so we could chat until it was time to go. Heather was there, too. We chatted on the way out. They teased me about my clock looking like a Captain America shield. I gave Michelle a bag of rice and beans to take to the food bank.

I went home, changed into dry clothes, and worked on my blog. I heated tea, and we watched a movie called Death on the Nile. It was a remake, but pretty good. Afterward, I finished reading my book, and went to bed after midnight.

No comments: