Thursday, September 8, 2022

Preparing for the power outage

Wednesday

Chris got up early to help the fire fighters with their pancake breakfast. Since this is my fasting day, I did not attend. But apparently people who came asked about me.

I made coffee, then watered all the plants at home and at the garden. When I got back, I exercised and did my meditations. I tapped about speaking in tongues and ended up tapping in tongues. However, I did not notice any better outcome. Chris came home for lunch, He brought the new watering can from the post office. I cleaned the kitchens and bathrooms.

I walked with Diane around the block. We went early because she had meetings. She gave me an earful about people not liking their jobs. When I got home, CJ delivered two dozen eggs. I picked pepper leaves for drying at garden, then went home and changed clothes. I went to the gym to walk with the other ladies, but none showed up.

I went home and took a shower. I read some e-mail, then Michelle texted to see if I wanted to meet her for a workout with weights at the gym. So I did. She came with her daughter. She moved the heavy weights on the machines and replaced them with lighter weights. I did an arm circuit, a core circuit and a leg circuit.

When I got home, I unpacked the solar panel outside. I started reading the instructions. It sounded like a good way to get electrocuted. The instructions were in English, yet probably translated from another language. Chris came home and I asked him. He said he didn't know anyone who was an electrician. I brought the mower battery in and plugged it in to charge for tomorrow. Maybe the AC to DC converter will work on it when the power is turned off tomorrow. I slid the solar panel back in the box and put it in the garage to keep it from generating electricity.

I listened to This Week with Polly and Mary. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched episodes of Cheers. I read e-mail while Chris went to bed. Just before I went to bed, I put three cups of whey in the freezer to protect it from the power being out in the morning. I also packed a cooler with fruit so I won't have to open the fridge.

No comments: